Iowa-Quad Cities

Quad Cities Help!!

I need some suggestions ladies!! 

I live in Colorado and am having my wedding in Davenport on 5-26-12.  I've got the big stuff taken care of but am getting stressed out with the rest.  It's frustration planning a wedding somewhere you don't know much about except for brief holiday visits. 

Catering - Fiance wants to use HyVee, he spoke with the chef and he said he would do whatever we want.  We are just serving hors d' oeuvres at reception.  Is HyVee cheesy?  Will they do a classy job?????

Hair - So stressed out about this one!!  HELP.  Maybe extensions or will that damage hair?

Flowers - Something simple and classy. 

Thats all, I think......Ugh!!

Thank you, thank you, thank you!!

Re: Quad Cities Help!!

• Don't stress out! :) Hy-Vee will do a great job, especially if it is just hors d'oeuvres. They are affordable but still classy!

Are you looking for one stylist or a hair salon for you and the girls? I'm currently working on that right now, too.  A few that I've gone to personally are Cost Cutters at Spring Village, Hair Divine Davenport, or William Wesley Salon Davenport.  I think extensions would be fine and I've not heard of them causing any damage.

I would definitely recommend Clazzy Designs for flowers and decorations.  She does an amazing job and is affordable, too! Check out www.clazzydesignsweddings.com for more information.  Otherwise, Hy-Vee does a great job with flowers, too.  

I work at the Convention & Visitors Bureau in the area, so if you need any assistance, let me know!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Hy-Vee (while a grocery store) is amazing!  Their flowers will blow you away and their good is killer!  But above all of that, the service is above and beyond!
  • Thank you soooo much for the tips!!  I appreciate more than you know.
  • I'd check out Diane DeBorg Catering as well. She does great appitizer type stuff.  For flowers, Sue at West End gardens in Davenport is great to work with. Prices are very reasonable.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • For flowers I would personally recommend Stacks Florist in Moline. It is family owned and when we stopped in the lady was very nice, helpful and professional. She even explained to us how her roses are flown in, step by step so we would know we would have quality flowers( we had just left millers florist and all there roses looked dead!) Prices seemed resonable and they do deliver in davenport. We did also look at Hyvee and were very  happy with there flowers and service too!!

For Hair I would recommend going to Brittnay K. at the Younkers Salon in NorthPark Mall. She does amazing work and you can tell she does it because she has passion and love for making you feel beautiful on your special day, she is not just there to collect a paycheck!!!!
  • I agree, HyVee will do a fine job catering.

For flowers, Staacks (Moline), HyVee and Clazzy Designs all seem to be great options.  We used Staacks and she helped to design centerpieces we loved in our budget.

For hair, I used Glam2Go for my BM's and they did a great job!
  • I go to Salon Luce in Davenport, I dont know what they charge for weddings however.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards