Oregon

Oregon/Northwest Themed Favors

We're going with an Oregon or Northwest theme for our wedding.  Any ideas for themed favors under $2 per person?

Re: Oregon/Northwest Themed Favors

• Moonstruck chocolates, yummy!  They might do little boxes with just a couple chocolates in them, or make your own boxes if you buy them bulk.

• Another rec for Moonstruck.  You could also doing something made from Myrtlewood, which is native to Oregon.  Or hazelnuts, yum.
  • edited February 2012
    we made homemade jam from local berries;  it was a hit!
  • Thank you all for the great ideas!
  • I second the hazelnuts! If you want to check out this idea I recommend Hunts Hazelnuts in Gervais. They grown their own nuts which makes their prices the best I have ever seen. If i remember correctly their small 1.75oz bag of flavored filberts were $2 to $2.50 but you might want to ask about a bulk discount. I recommend the maple glazed and the cinnamon honey filberts.

When I visited their booth at the Salem Saturday market holiday market I got to chat with some very friendly older ladies which I am sure would be nice to work with.

Hunts Hazelnuts clicky
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_oregon_oregonnorthwest-themed-favors?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:119Discussion:1a731aba-61ba-4379-aef1-70b900272661Post:f07d4a29-cf92-4a2f-8ae7-4f7589855fc2">Re: Oregon/Northwest Themed Favors</a>:
    [QUOTE]we made homemade jam from local berries;  it was a hit!
    Posted by tidbitor[/QUOTE]

<div>We did too - Marryin' Berry (made from local marion berries! ha!) and apricot jams. People went crazy.</div><div>
    </div><div>If people can't eat it, it seems like a bit of a waste. If I got a bottle opener or something like that I would leave it behind.</div>
  • I would totally do something with marionberries. I love them and they're native only to Oregon. :) If you're ambitious, you could even possibly make your own marionberry jam. 

I've also heard that some breweries would donate glasses or give you them super cheap if you allow them to put their logos on them. Hey, it's free advertising! This is usually true for newer breweries. I'm in Bend and have friends who got super cheap pint glasses from Good Life Brewing because they want to get their names out. 

I would also suggest anything huckleberry. Yum! :)
    imageNovember Board Siggy - The Venue!
    Photobucket
    The Great Hall at Sunriver Resort, Sunriver, Oregon
    243 Invited image
    172 Can't wait image
    71 Are missing out image

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Love the jam idea!  If you're not up to making your own, check out 

or

Both make cute 2 and 3oz jams that would be perfect for a wedding favor.  Not entirely sure about pricing, but they've got to be close to $2.00 a piece (a pack of 6 in a gift box is $13, but I wonder if there would be a price break if you ordered in bulk w/o the gift boxes). 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker image
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards