Michigan-Grand Rapids

December 2011 Wedding Ceremony Venue

I am trying to find a ceremony venue in Grand Rapids for this coming December, preferably NOT a church.  Any ideas?  I am trying to plan this from Austin, TX, so any help y'all can give would be amazing!
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: December 2011 Wedding Ceremony Venue

• edited December 2011
    Any details would be helpful. How big of a crowd to you anticipate? What kind of budget? Etc.
  • andrusijandrusij member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    For the ceremony, I figure about 100.  I don't want to spend a ton because 8 months isn't a lot of savings time.  I want to spend less that $1000 for the ceremony itself.   I have looked at the Meijer Gardens Garden Room and also the St. Cecilia's website but can't really get a good idea of the look since I'm not there in person.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • b0710b0710 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I really love Frederik Meijer Gardens.  I have been there as a "sight-seer," conference attendee, and for a wedding.  Everything I have ever been to there has been wonderful,  It's also a gorgeous place for pictures.  If it's in the budget I would highly recommend that place.  Otherwise, use the search function on here to see what venues fit your preferences, then maybe people can give you more specific info if there is something that catches your eye.
  • Lorielle22Lorielle22 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    There is a venue not too far from Grand Rapids (in Lowell) called "The Grand Volute".  It is a beautiful venue!

Here are a few more you might want to look into:
    *DeVos Place
    *Amway Grand Plaza
    *WMU Conference Center
    *Eberhard Center
    *St. George Banquet & Conference Center
    *Various country clubs in the Grand Rapids area
    *The Pinnacle Center (Hudsonville)
    *Noel (in Jamestown)

Hope this helps!
    Mother-of-the-Bride
  • edited December 2011

A friend of mine did get married at St. Cecila's. It's nice...the one thing I really didn't like was that the room had hardwood floors and it kinda seemed to echo. If that doesn't bother you, it'll probably be fine. Eastern Floral new event space is beautiful...also has hardwood floors.
  • jazzybaccjazzybacc member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We're getting married at the Pinnacle Center in Hudsonville.  It's quite expensive for the room rental but it includes a DJ service and cake cutting fees.  Only thing is it's huge.  It seast 300.  I would look for something smaller.  Hotels often give discounts if you have your ceremony and reception at their venue.
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • tonisperltonisperl member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

I am currently looking in GR now as well.  Pinnacle does have a lot included and is your one-stop-shop for an included projector, cheap(ish) bar service, free DJ and a video of your reception and ceremony (with live streaming video on the screens DURING the event).  The negatives are that there aren't any good places for photo opportunities and it's a split room so they would more than likely rent the space right next to your event to someone else at the same time as your event.  I'll try to help you out as I visit places :)

It also depends on your budget... the Amway was great. Their Gerald R. Ford room was too presidential for me for a wedding ceremony, but the Pantlind ballroom was pretty.. you could also have your wedding and/or reception in Cygnus 27, their restaurant on the 27th floor.  That would only hold about 100 though.  It's beautiful though!

• andrusijandrusij member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I ended up booking the Wealthy Theater!  It's gorgeous and unique!  Thanks for all the input...

Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards