Pennsylvania-Pittsburgh
Options

omg dress!!!!!!!!

I admit- I cheated on you ladies... lol- I have been posting on other boards. But the ladies on the 'wedding party' board found this dress and I looove it! I've seen it before- but never at this price

what do you think?
http://www.jcrew.com/AST/Browse/WeddingParties/Wedding_Bridesmaid/dresses/silktricotine/PRDOVR~62983/62983.jsp 

in the med. blue. I'm contacting my BMs now- I love this dress!

Re: omg dress!!!!!!!!

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I think it is SUPER cute!

My only concern is if you have any briedesmaids who aren't really thin, then this dress looks a little clingy and could be a little unflattering (not because of the cut, which is awesome, just the silk fabric which can be thin and clingy)... but if all your bridesmaids are cool with the fabric then I think it is gorgeous!
    RT + JB
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    The only item I will not compromise on...my bouquet of all purple tulips wrapped in a swatch from my Mom's wedding dress.
  • Options
    elishanbelishanb member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Very pretty!

That price is also pretty amazing!
    image.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    hmm.... good point.  All my BMs are actually pretty thin actually. I think I'm just going to go ahead and order
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    It's a gorgeous dress and a great price, but you mentioned in the other thread that you have some well endowed ladies.

Take it from a 34F - I would have major cleavage in the dress and feel a little uncomfortable. But maybe it will hit high enough that they don't have a problem. I would order the dresses and find out asap.

Dave & Jennifer 10.18.08
    My Doha Adventures
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Aside from fitting concerns, I love it- beautiful, and an amazing price!

Oh, and FWIW, I think it's great to "cheat" and post on other boards- there's tons of great info out there! I'm a dual knottie and nestie. Smile
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I love it!  In fact I may buy it for myself to wear!  I think it would be a great BM dress.  And don't worry about cheating on us-I go to the DIY board all the time!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    CLW102409CLW102409 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

eeeeek...wow just ordering your BM dresses now?  hopefully they all come in on time with no problems!  I love the color and the price!!  Good deal!

image Ivory
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Very pretty dress and color, but I'm fluffy and I'd have to wear two pairs of Spanx with that! :)
  • Options
    gmc22gmc22 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I love it - I love all things Jcrew :) and they do have some amazing sales!! ohhh just an FYI - if you are a student (or even still have your old student ID from college) then tell them you're a student (show the id) and you'll get 20% off your purchase!! also teachers get 15% off - and if you open a Jcrew card you get 15% off... We just went through this with my BM dresses and every little bit helps!! :) Love the dress and color though! great choice!
  • Options
    jezebelljezebell member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I think it's cute but only if your BM's are thin.  I like that blue color.  I had to LOL at Kat for being "fluffy".
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    lol- CW- I've had quite the experience with BM dresses thus far. Regular posters know all about my BM dress drama, lol
  • Options
    hey_its_jennhey_its_jenn member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Sara -- just note that they don't have the med. blue in size 00 or size 6.  I don't think that would be a major problem but I would order them ASAP because they may sell out quickly because of that price!

What color shoes are you thinking?

Married 9/19/09
    Me: 27 // DH: 31
    TTC # 1 Since October 2010 (Not preventing since 2009)

October 2012: DH Dx: Testicular Cancer -- Left Orchiectomy
    December 2012: F/U CT Scan -- All clean!
    January 2013: Starting the adoption process!

• Options
    LaFemmeRousseLaFemmeRousse member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Ooooh I absolutely love that color blue, Ms. Indecisive ;)  I would have slight bewbie concerns as well but overall I think it's great, as is the price!  I like the waistband a lot.

G, that's a great point about using the student discount too.

Is this the final decision??

Pittsburgh sig: Favorite thing about fall= college football!
    Vacation
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards