Michigan-Detroit
Options

Happy Sweetest Day!

So what are you and your sweetie gonna do today??

Re: Happy Sweetest Day!

• Options
    larzhopelarzhope member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    nothing special, we don't celebrate sweetest day or valentines day.  Hope everyone that does has a great day/night though!
  • Options
    PhoneCardLadyPhoneCardLady member
    Name Dropper First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Answer
    edited December 2011
    Actually Sweetest Day was first celebrated on the 3rd Saturday in October 1922.  An employee at a candy compnay wanted to remember those that were orphaned, shut in and just needed cheering up.  They got together some co-workers and so a tradition was begun.

It has NOTHING to do with lovers or sweethearts!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_michigan-detroit_happy-sweetest-day?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:88Discussion:6e04f135-a837-45d0-930b-9cecc7841799Post:51aa3a5e-474c-4654-9d6a-153fb5cac986">Re: Happy Sweetest Day!</a>:
    [QUOTE]He's watching the UM vs MSU game, and I'm screwing around online and making chicken soup. We're going to watch the Tigers vs Rangers game later. We aren't big on Hallmark holidays, so it was kind of funny when the morning started like this: Him: *reading newspaper* "What's Sweetest Day?" Me: "Valentines Day in October." Him: "Oh. Why?" Me: "No idea. I'm sure there's some history behind it.<strong> Do you want eggs or pancakes?" Him: "Bacon."</strong>
    Posted by burntofferings[/QUOTE]

<div>
    </div><div>hahahahhahaha</div>
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards