Connecticut

Mystic Seaport - Morgan Suites?

Does anyone, by chance, know where I might be able to find a few photos of the Morgan Suites reception venue at Mystic Seaport? I could only find one very small, partially cut-off photo of it on their website. 

Re: Mystic Seaport - Morgan Suites?

• Vanessa630Vanessa630 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Karebear just got married there in June so she might have some good pics for you.  My reception was in the River Room so I'm not much help, but I really enjoyed working with the Seaport and LOVED having our pics taken around there.

Good luck!
  • edited December 2011
    I did just get married in the Morgan Suites, but I haven't gotten my photos back yet.  I will be happy to share some once I do :)

It was great by the way and I'd be happy to share any details! :)
    "I don't know how it gets better than this. You take my hand and lead me head first - Fearless"
    Anniversary

Visit The Nest! Visit The Nest! Visit The Nest! Visit The Nest!
  • edited December 2011
    Karebear: I'd love to see photos once you get them back. :)

How many guests did you have, if you don't mind me asking? FI and I are looking at having only about 50-65, so it seemed that Morgan Suites would accomodate that. We want to make sure that the room wouldn't feel too cramped though.

Also, in the info the Seaport e-mailed to me, it was mentioned that the bride and groom could customize their own package/menu. Would you recommend that I contact Coastal Gourmet directly for more info about that?
  • edited December 2011
    We had planned for 50 guests, we only ended up with about 45 (47 with vendors eating with us, including ourselves, so like 42 guests).  It was definitely plenty of room, we had some tables that were "under filled" (aka they recommend you can do 6-7 people per table and we only had 4 or 5), but I wouldn't go more than 60 people in the room, you might feel cramped then (they say the larger room holds 70, but I think that would be tight).

And, you can pretty much do whatever you want for your menu.  The Caterers will go over everything with you after your tasting, so you have an idea of what you liked and what you want.

And, don't worry, the second I get pictures I'm going to be doing a massive PIP post! lol So be on the lookout!

"I don't know how it gets better than this. You take my hand and lead me head first - Fearless"
    Anniversary

Visit The Nest! Visit The Nest! Visit The Nest! Visit The Nest!
  • edited December 2011
    Great, thanks so much! I haven't been able to get a full menu with pricing from them thus far. Usually, the venues I contact will send their along pricing information once I request it... but I've only been able to receive a full menu without the pricing (even after requesting more pricing info, twice). So, I have no idea what I would be looking at spending for the catering there if we customized our own package. I have no problem meeting with them, but Mystic is more than an hour away from me, so I was hoping they could just e-mail this information to me in advance so we can figure out whether or not it will work into our budget. 
  • Hey, I was wondering if anyone who got married there would be willing to share pictures? I can't seem to find any photos, and I am going there this weekend, but I would love to see if I would even consider it as an option since we want a smaller cozier wedding! I was also wondering if there were any room for dancing/DJ as well? Thank you!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards