Arizona-Phoenix

churches??

I am looking for an appropriate place o have a cremony without the reception included, as i will be having the reception at my house. I have considered Church but i do not want to be forced to attend or join a local Church, rather I just like the idea of my Ceremony being held in a place of God. I am not very religious but I do feel a wedding is a special event and it would be appropriate. Any suggestions would be appreciated, I am Catholic but my FI has not been Christened/1st communion ect. I live in Glendale and would not mind a Christian church. Any other suggestions are welcome as well, (i.e. chapels).
Thanks in advance,
Indecisive Bride

Re: churches??

• edited December 2011

I'm not trying to be mean, but I think you need to ask yourself a few questions: Are you a practicing Catholic? What is your fiance's faith? How are you going to raise your children? What does your FI want for your wedding ceremony? What do you want?

If you want a Catholic wedding, but are concerned that your FI is not baptized, that can be overcome; talk to your priest or your family's priest.

I'm not super familiar with the non-Catholic churches in that part of the Valley. Lots of ladies on the international boards recommend Unitarian Universalist Churches for people who are just looking for a house of God to hold their ceremonies, without a lot of denominational ties. Here's the link to one in Glendale: Click <--

If, on the other hand, you just want to have a religiously-flavored wedding (to whatever degree you choose), I would consider having the ceremony at a park or similar and having a pastor or other officiant preside.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards