Tennessee
Options

Local DJ's

I am searching out local DJ's for my wedding.  I am on a tight budget and probably can only spend about $600.  I want to find someone that is reliable and has good references though.  I want out reception to be fun and lively.  We will have about 200 guest and ages will range from young kids to 80 somethings.  Also would like to try and find someone that could also play music at the ceremony (ceremony and reception are going to be at the same site).  Any suggestions?

Re: Local DJ's

• Options
    Christi1Christi1 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My best friend is getting married on New Year's Eve this year and is doing all of her music and DJing through Special Notes.  They are an organization that brings all the best musicians/DJ's together in one area so you can quickly find the best combination of music for your occasion and budget.  www.SpecialNotes.net Sara booked with Lee Wolfenbarger for her DJ throughout the night and into the new year.  Beverly Kerr, owner and coordinator of Special Notes, will be playing the organ during her church wedding.  Sara wanted to ensure that the music would be great and someone would be around to encourage all of her guests to be up on the dance floor bringing in the New Year right!!  Beverly Kerr spoke very highliy of a photogrpaher that she works with often, Photography By Sabrina.  Sara tried to book with Jim Ogle from Ogle entertainment, but unfortunately he was already taken that night.  I found his name mentioned several times on Sabrina's blog aswell.  Here is a review of him:
    http://photosbysabrina.wordpress.com/2009/11/19/amanda-josh-10-18-09/
    Hope this helps and Happy Planning!
  • Options
    autumnlalaautumnlala member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Are you in Nashville?  Here's my review of our DJ, who we LOVED.  I think they would be right around your price point. They sometimes have coupons on their website (just google it).  They did my ceremony and reception sound.

DJ:  FADDS Mobile DJ (based in Nashville, TN but will travel):  A+

I met with the company’s owner David to go over details prior to the event, and then our DJ Jim ensured that everything went smoothly.  He arrived in plenty of time to set up sound for our ceremony and reception.  I never even talked to him because we were so busy dancing and greeting guests, and everything was perfect, how great is that?  He did not talk much, totally kept songs on my “do not play” list off the air and handled many requests from our crowd with ease, keeping the rap and hip hop to the end of the night as I had requested.  Best part: dance floor was full of young and old all night long!  Great price and he was willing to travel.

Married May 9, 2009, Fall Creek Falls State Park, Tennessee Male factor infertility, BFP after two failed IUIs and one IVF image Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Photobucket
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards