Pennsylvania-Philadelphia

april wedding?

So my fiance and i have been look at soooo many venues lately to the point now we are just sick of looking and want to make a decision. The two of us are covering the entire cost of the wedding so we are trying to stay within our budget. Ultimately july was our desired month however we are finding that many of the venues we have looked at, including our favorite offer a significant discount for April. What are your thoughts on an april wedding in terms of having the ceremony potentially outdoors? Is it too cold? 

Re: april wedding?

• jessa1228jessa1228 member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    The average temperature in April is low-60s, but it's so hard to predict temperature. It could be in the 40's that day too. I'd just make sure your venue has a backup indoor ceremony location just in case.
    Anniversary
  • edited December 2011
    I'm getting married April 28th, the last Saturday of the month. I think if you stick with the last week of April it might be the safest bet.
  • ev4149ev4149 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I got married April 30th of 2011, and we had a beautiful day in the high 60s, low 70s.  However, it did rain the entire week leading up to the wedding.  No matter when you get married, you can never guarantee the weather.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Hey, 
    I am getting married on April 14th, 2012. I am planning on having an outdoor ceremony. I don't think you should worry about that, guests will know the weather and wear a shall or something to keep warm! 

If you want to do it, then do it! 

Nat
  • edited December 2011
    I got married march 26 and it was very cold, so I'd say get married the end of April to be safe.
  • jpwelshjpwelsh member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

April isn't too cold at all!  The problem with April is that there is always the potential for rain.  I would check out The Farmers Almanac…they seem to be on target most years.  The Farmers Almanac predicted that this year the winter frost would come later that usual – which has already proven true.  As long as your reception is indoors, you should be fine.  Also, people are itching for something fun to do in April after the long winter.  Sounds like a good month!  Especially if you can save money. 

Jennifer
    www.theeventnanny.com

• ssanders012ssanders012 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am thinking of getting married in April as well and I have the same concerns, will it be to cold, will it rain but I am planning my wedding now so I need a value date in order to save money

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards