April 2013 Weddings

Monday... hello

To get some activity- how was everyone's weekend? Anything exciting happen, any new wedding stuff? We officially cancelled our old ceremony venue and booked the new one. So our small wedding is now officially on.

Also, I went to Bridge School Benefit- a concert put on every year by Neil Young who started the Bridge School with his wife. My niece goes to the school and the kids are on stage during the 2 days of the concert, so we went and it was awesome. and I got to go backstage for awhile as well so that was fun. My family got to see most of the acts up close back there. I got to see Foster the People (swoon) up close so that was awesome! And got to spend a lot of time with my new baby niece as well:
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Monday... hello

• Hi! Sounds like you had a great weekend! So glad to hear that plans for your smaller wedding are going smoothly so far! :) Also, that is a very cute picture of your niece! Can't wait til Halloween (but I still have no idea what to dress up as for our friends' party)!

I had a pretty good weekend too. FI and I had a friend visiting Friday and Saturday night and we hung out on Saturday, which was nice. Sunday evening we went to our local pub with two friends and took part in their Sunday night quiz...our team won! So that was a good end to the weekend. :)

Nothing wedding related got done over the weekend though, but we're meeting with a photographer later this week. Really excited about that.
  • Von-have you looked into photographers that are outside of DC?  If you find someone in a small town that does great work, they will likely charge you a travel fee but you could probably keep it below $2,000.  Our photographer(Roanoke Rapids, NC) is charging $1674 for the package we want(bridal portrait session, main photographer and assistant, 5 hrs+ of service, 35 page album).  We could have saved more money and gone for a less expensive package but I really wanted him there from the time I'm getting ready until we make our sparkler exit.  I would try looking in a ring around Manassas, Annapolis, and Gaithersburg.  Maybe you can find someone in those surrounding areas.   

You could also try finding art/photography professors at universities and see if they have recommendations on students or other professionals.

Good luck, hope this helps!!!
  • princess popprincess pop member
    Combo Breaker First Anniversary First Comment
    edited October 2012
    Good morning! ! I went to Hollywood Horror Nights this weekend at Universal Studios and it was so fun. I'm exhausted today, though, because I didn't get home from there until 3 am. zzzz.

My wedding invites should arrive today! My soon to be in laws will be here to visit from London this weekend, and I'm going to send half of them back with his mom so she can mail them out to their family and friends when the time comes.
    Also, going to look at bridesmaid dresses this weekend while his sister is here. That should be an experience.
    Visit LasVegas.Weddings.com Wedding Countdown Ticker
    March siggy:THE DRESS
    photo practically_perfect_2_zpsb1ba38c6.jpg
  • Orange, your niece is ADORABLE!!

My weekend was awesome. FI and I went to the gun range Saturday, then spent the rest of the day with his nephews. The Halloween party we went to that night was interesting. Someone's costume caught fire from the space heater - it was a sheer overlay or something but once it sparked it traveled up her back and then her hair caught fire too. It wasn't too bad, but there was a chunk missing.

Sunday we went to church and then to the apple orchard. But because of the weather we had in the spring it destroyed the apples, so we just picked out some pumpkins and got some cider and donuts.

I did decide on bridesmaid dresses on Friday! Alfred Angelo #7141 in charcoal. We are ordering through Pearls Place.com rather than through the salon. In the store they were $195 and through the website they are only $130, so that works out! And that is my wedding related decision for October lol.
  • My weekend was pretty dang good.  The only real "wedding" checkmark that took place, though, was a pretty big one... I went to Alfred Angelo and picked up my dress!!!  I put it on while I was there and everything, and it looks GREAT!  I want to tone up a bit more before the big day, especially my arms/torso, but it fits, which just felt awesome!

Tomorrow we're meeting with our priest to see what our next steps are as far as marital prep goes, and once that has kicked off, we'll start scheduling cake tastings.

I also, last week, ordered my hair comb, our toasting glasses, and 2 pair of shoes to try with the dress (and I'll return whichever I don't like back to Zappos).

Is it just me, ladies, or is it getting to feel so very real!  I'm so super stoked!!!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

One thing to remember: The wedding is just one day. The marriage is all the rest of them.

April 2012 Siggy Challenge: Cake Inspiration
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • I'm just leaving work.

I'm so ready to be home tonight!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards