Flowers

Mother's Flowers (Sorry..a bit of complaining here!)

I can appreciate the beauty of flowers,but had not really planned on having the typical bouts and corsages...until my FMIL insisted that she had to have one. So, I talked to my florist and was given the option of the pin on corsage or a bracelet. I asked my mom and FMIL which they preferred. They both said pin on...so I told my florist and that was put in my proposal. Now my FMIL tells me she doesn't know what she is wearing yet so she is not sure if the pin on will work and she doesn't want holes in her dress. She also informs me that she carried a single flower in her other son's wedding a few years ago. I have never really seen this at a wedding (only corsages and bouquets for the bride/bridesmaids...I am just curious on what other bride's thoughts are about the whole thing....are you doing anything non traditional as far as flowers? Do you have any seemingly hard to please people in your family or bridal party?

Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Mother's Flowers (Sorry..a bit of complaining here!)

• We did a rose ceremony for our mothers. That was the only flower they had.
    Anniversary
  • We're having our Moms and Grandma carry a single longstem calla lily. I'm not a fan of coursages so our florist suggested the single flower as an alternative. It'll also match their husbands, who will have calla lily bouts.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • My Mom and MIL carried a small nosegay instead of wearing a corsage.  Since she does not know what she is wearing and does not want to put holes in her dress I would suggest going this route or the single flower route.

• stop fretting this far ahead of time.....wait until everyone has their dress and than make the appropriate choice. some fabric does not lend itself well to having a corsage pinned on, there is no right or wrong answer here....if the moms each want something diferent let them have what they want.....JMO
  • All the above advice is great- my mom is planning on carrying a small bouquet of just a few flowers and my FMIL is planning on a wristlet. 

But another alternative is there are magnetic closures for "pin on" corsages so that there are no holes left in frabrics. 

• Who's wedding is this?  She sounds fairly demainding considering it's YOUR wedding.  I would politely tell her to avoid holes in the dress you aren't going to have flowers for the mothers.  Sometimes mothers on both sides need to be reminded who this event is for. 
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_flowers_mothers-flowers-sorrya-bit-of-complaining-here?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:28Discussion:3425422b-eda3-41a8-9925-b51a921fcb5fPost:22496293-1a57-44b1-9459-bbbd3c264e7f">Re: Mother's Flowers (Sorry..a bit of complaining here!)</a>:
    [QUOTE]Who's wedding is this?  She sounds fairly demainding considering it's YOUR wedding.  I would politely tell her to avoid holes in the dress you aren't going to have flowers for the mothers.  Sometimes mothers on both sides need to be reminded who this event is for. 
    Posted by kmclean29[/QUOTE]

I really hope you are joking with this post.  If not, you need a reality check.

• This isn't a big deal. The florist isn't going to make the flowers until the day before, or even the morning of the ceremony.   You can easily call a few weeks ahead of time and change it to a pin or wrist corsage with no big deal.  Most of the time, there is no price difference.

Save your stressing for big things.  Just set yourself a reminder to call the florist after she gets a dress. 
  • Our florist gave us the choice for the mothers to have a corsage, pin or carry.  My mother is carrying....she's done it in my sister's wedding too.  Not unusual at all.
  • I agree/her,you can't focus or stress about everyone else! This is her day! She needs to make up her mind!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards