Wedding Reception Forum

Things I wouldn't have thought of on my own

- Make sure there is enough space & seating during cocktail hour!  I once went to a wedding where this was an issue, not one chair!  All the guests were so grumpy after an hour.

- You may need microphones during ceremony & toasts.  I’ve been to weddings where you couldn’t hear a thing, very annoying for the guests who have to sit there quietly.

- Make sure the bridal suite & bathroom is big enough to accommodate your dress!  This comes from a recently wed friend.

- If  the ceremony is outdoors take into consideration hot, cold, or windy weather, contingency plan if it rains,  loud noises such as airplanes or interruptions if your ceremony is in a public place.

- If the venue comes with cake find out what options are free and which are extra… you’ll be surprised.

I’d love to hear any other not so obvious things to plan for.

-Janie

Re: Things I wouldn't have thought of on my own

• I read a tip that if you are engaged over a year it would be a good idea to visit florists a year out from your wedding date, you'd have the opportunity to see blooms in season, and what your florist does with them. :) I hadn't read that before and I thought it was a good tip. [Thanks Mindy Weiss.]
    - Melanie July 05, 2013
  • Good tips. The bathroom one will apply to me since I want a princess ball gown type dress. LOL

I am learning so much during this whole wedding planning process. 
    Daisypath Wedding tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards