Minnesota-Minneapolis and St. Paul

Getting Antsy! DIY Questions

My wedding is just about 5 months away and I cannot wait!  Our next project is to design/make invitations, favors, table numbers,  as well as any signs we are going to put around the venue.   But my main question is if you made your own table numbers and favors - how did you know how many to make?   We are not having more than 200 people (inviting about 210), but about 80% of our guests are OOT and I'm not really sure what to expect.  We are hoping for 150, but others have told us to expect more than we think and that sometimes attendance is closer to 100%. 

Should I start making these items and stop at the 150 mark until we receive RSVP's in Sept. or what do people normally do?  I don't want to make too many but I don't want to be rushed and wait for the actual head count.

Re: Getting Antsy! DIY Questions

• We did photo table numbers (pics of DH and I as we were dating, pics of us as kids, etc.) and I started on them mid RSVP process just prepping them but I didn't finish them until just before the wedding since we finally knew how many tables we'd have.  

We didn't do favors but if we were to DIY them, I think I'd wait a little bit.  I'd hate to put all the work in and have too many (or not enough!).
  • I went ahead with our table numbers and just made enough to cover all of the tables - it was really because I became antsy and didn't want to wait!

We waited on favors but I think you could start on them and then stop at the 150 mark then have a head start on them for September!
  • I've been thinking about this, too.  I would proabably make all of them or at least a good deal of them now and finish up after RSVP's come in.  You don't want to be rushed later when you have a million other things to do.

So In Love

Josh and Renata's Wedding

Planning Bio

• I would make enough table signs and favors for 150 people just to get a jump start.  We did our table signs ahead of time but knew we would either have 11 or 12 tables so it wasn't a big deal if we had one extra.  For favors, though, I would say that it depends what it is to determine if they can be made ahead of time.  Ours are food related, so they can only be done at the last minute...but if yours aren't, I'd encourage you to get as many of those done as you can now rather than waiting.  We are just over three weeks away from our wedding date and I knew we would be busy, but didn't realize we would be this busy!
  • This is off the topic, but where was your siggy photo taken Lang125?
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards