Flowers
Options

Pinwheels as flower alternative

I want opinions on this idea:

I found the seller on etsy (even though I could also diy). What about pinwheels? Have the bridesmaids/flower girls carry large pinwheels? They also have pinwheel bouts for the men to wear. And then I could add pinwheels to the flower centerpieces at the reception. I would porbably still carry flowers with my FI having a flower bout.

I am getting married in September in a church and the reception is in a hotel. Is it too casual? or does it sound cute and fun? Opinions please!

Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Pinwheels as flower alternative

• Options
    future-mrsfuture-mrs member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    It is really cute and fun but makes me think of an outdoor wedding...doesn't mean you can't do it though.  It's your wedding!
  • Options
    flower_divaflower_diva member
    First Anniversary First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    no no no no.a wedding in a church and reception in a hotel is not the time to be "cute"
    JMO
  • Options
    Catwoman708Catwoman708 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I don't see it as appropriate for a church wedding.  But it's not like you have to use flowers either.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I am not big on pinwheels, that is a personal opinion.  But I have seen TONS of flower alternatives like felt flowers and button flowers. 
    Pinwheels might be cute for the little girls, maybe a bouquet of them and stay away from metaillic shiny. 
    You can pull it off if you want to . ...
  • Options
    sharon  freniasharon frenia member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I feel pinwheels would only be appropriate for an outdoor wedding. The whole idea is for them to spin, which they would probably do outside.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards