Military Brides

Disney World

Hi. I am new to this board so I apologize if this has been answered before.
What kind of special deals or pricing does DIsney World offer for military members besides staying at Shades of Green?
We are planning our honeymoon for next year at Disney World and I want to know if there is something specific I should say or ask for.
Thank you!
Wedding Countdown Ticker Visit The Knot!

Re: Disney World

• I used to be a travel agent, but actually a wedding photographer and also a military spouse.

They offer discounted theme part tickets through MWR or at the gate (check online for military ticket rates). Shades of Green is really good for military rates though. Other than that...tickets and hotel, I don't know of anything eles. Do check with MWR and they'll list all of things in the area. DIsney is VERY military friendly.

Happy honeymooning!!
  • Discount tickets can be bought through MWR or at Shades of Green.  You can't get them at the gate.  Also, for rooms, I've found the best thing to do is call the Disney line and talk to them directly.  There have been several times when we have been able to get a better rate at the other Disney resorts than at SoG.  
    Be sure to tell them you will be there for your honeymoon and tell them when you check in at the front desk.  They will do special things for you.  They will also give you a button to wear that lets the cast members know you are on your honeymoon.  Sometimes, they will give you special treats, seats or even allow you to be in the parade.  
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Thank you for the info guys.  I really appreciate it!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Visit The Knot!
  • My fiancée and I go to Disney all the time with his discounts! You can get tickets for around $125 for a four day park-hopper ticket and up to 40% off hotels (the more expensive the hotel, the more of a discount you get!) We usually opt for a moderate resort and it is 30% off the price! You can also get a discount on the Cirque de Soleil show the have at Downtown Disney, La Nouba. It is amazing and you get discounts on the day of the show.mI highly suggest going as a date night kind of thing! That is pretty much all of it though. They treat the military right at Disney and I hope you guys have an amazing honeymoon!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards