South Asian Weddings
Options

What do I need to get from India?

I have family going to India tomorrow.  Wanted to know what I should get for my big day from India.

I already bought my dress and jewelry from India.  What else do I need?  Anything for the ceremony maybe?  Planning on getting invitaitons done there because I hear its cheaper.

Re: What do I need to get from India?

• Options
    kpwedkkkpwedkk member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    If you are planning to do the smaller ceremonies, like haldiwaan or mehendi - do you want other outfits to wear for those events?

- Invitations
    - Wedding Programs
    - Favors (optional)
    - Thank you card stock with indian print?
    - bangles and packs of bindis for guests going to your other events?
    - shoes?
    - a petty coat for your outfit if you need it?

I can't think of anything else at the moment... Enjoy yourself though!

"The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched, they must be felt with the heart." ~ Miss K ~
  • Options
    cloudy7822cloudy7822 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

What I found when I was there in January is that there are places that specifically sell all of the necessary little things for the wedding ceremony. They'll have like a 30 to 40 item checklist of things that you might need for the ceremony and you can get them there!

Also, if you're doing your invitations there, make sure the invite people agree to print you a hardcopy proof of the invitation before printing them all--my guy refused, and then my invitations ended up looking a bit different than what I wanted.

Extra outfits--churidars, etc. You'll be amazed at how many last-minute wedding related events come up!

Enjoy!!!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards