Attire & Accessories Forum

Ring other than wedding/engagement ring question!

Are any of you wearing any other ring(s) other than your wedding/engagement ring? I have a simple ring that my mom gave me on my 16th birthday and was thinking of wearing it (I wear it on my right hand) for my something old. But I didn't know if you should wear any other rings on the wedding day besides your wedding ring?

Re: Ring other than wedding/engagement ring question!

• For my something old and something borrowed, I wore the ring my dad gave my mom for their first Valentine's Day together on my pinky on my right hand (my mom has tiny fingers lol). I think something sentimental like that would be a nice touch on your wedding day. Also, I've never heard of anything saying you shouldn't wear any other rings, so go for it!
    Photobucket BabyFruit Ticker
  • I wore a Latvian heritage ring on my right hand. It's one I rarely take off so I didn't see why I wouldn't wear it on my wedding day as well... Never even crossed my mind not to... 
  • I'll either wear one of my mother's heirloom rings or the ring my fiance gave me for Christmas several years ago that I wear everyday (and it happens to be one of my wedding colors). I also cannot for the life of me think of any reason not to wear any other ring for my wedding, especially if it's one that means something to you. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • It seems that if you have to ask the question that the ring must mean a lot to you, I think you should wear it for that reason alone.  In ten years, you may look back at the picture and think how much you wished you would have worn it b/c it's something special and something you wear on a day to day basis. 

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited March 2012
    Thanks girls so much! I have never heard of a rule of not wearing any other rings other than your wedding ring, but then read someone saying that it was wrong. So I thought I'd ask on what others thought or knew about it. I am going to wear it! I know my mom will be really happy when she sees I have it on at my wedding! :-)
  • pgcppgcp member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    Don't mind CMGr's advice.  Wear the ring.  I wore one of my mil's rings as my something borrowed.
  • I agree that you can wear other rings that are sentinmental to you but another idea is tying it to your bouquet like you would a picture charm which i'm doing.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_attire-accessories_ring-other-than-weddingengagement-ring-question?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:15Discussion:671dc4ca-18eb-4504-bea7-8c20eed24821Post:516e4c4e-d302-4122-88ff-83806dfda9f0">Re: Ring other than wedding/engagement ring question!</a>:
    [QUOTE]I agree that you can wear other rings that are sentinmental to you but another idea is tying it to your bouquet like you would a picture charm which i'm doing.
    Posted by lulu4150[/QUOTE]

I agree. I was going to do this if I wouldn't wear it. :-)
  • so either way you choose, wearing it or tying it to your bouquet t will be a part of your wedding and appreciated by your mom.  Your wedding should have every possible sentimental thing/idea you want. Its your day do whatever YOU want!
  • I'm planning on wearing a ring that my FI gave me on my right hand.  I love it, and it's from him, so I figured why not.  I won't wear the other rings I typically wear though.
    Photobucket Anniversary
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_attire-accessories_ring-other-than-weddingengagement-ring-question?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:15Discussion:671dc4ca-18eb-4504-bea7-8c20eed24821Post:47e6ca93-dd7c-4add-ab01-837fe0c33314">Re: Ring other than wedding/engagement ring question!</a>:
    [QUOTE]You shouldn't wear any other rings on your wedding day.
    Posted by CMGr[/QUOTE]

<div>Oh now that's just foolish.</div>
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I wore a ring my parents gave me when I was 12 on my right hand. I wear it everyday normally, so it didn't make sense to not wear it my wedding day. Since its something with sentimental value, I think you should wear it.
  • I wear a ring daily that my parents gave me as a gift for graduating high school- but I'm not going to wear it on my wedding day because I consider it "daily jewelry" and not so much "special occasion jewelry". I also have a ring as my something old- my grandmother's wedding ring- which I will be tying to my bouquet because it's too small for me to wear. 
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • I plan on wearing the promise ring my FI gave me on my right hand.  I still wear it even though we're engaged.  He gave it to me 3 years ago, and I've lost weight since he gave it to me, and now it only fits on the middle finger of my right hand, even though it used to fit on my right hand ring finger.  I don't really care if I'm not supposed to wear it...it means a lot to me, so I'm wearing it.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Anniversary
  • I wore a ring on my right hand.  The color red is lucky in our culture, and I wore a ruby ring my mom had given me as an acknowledgement of our heritage. 
  • vexievexie member
    First Comment
    On my right hand I wore the wedding ring that belonged to my hubby's great grandmother.  It was my something borrowed and old :)

Absolutely wear it if it's important to you!
    84image 73image 11image Wedding date: June 11, 2011 :)
  • I'll be wearing a ring FH gave me on my right hand.
  • Ditto that especially if you have something meaningful to you, go for it and wear a ring on your right hand.  I have a ring with my family crest that I wear on my right hand and I plan to wear it on my wedding day like I do at other times when I dress up.
    Whoever said it was supposed to be happily ever after is a big fat liar.
  • Thanks so much girls!!! Yes, I wear this ring for special occasions and my mom loves seeing it on me. So I think I should definitely wear it now! I was planning on it, but now I feel even more confident in my desicion! I love this site! It is so helpful! :-)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards