Military Brides

Hi!

Hi everyone! I figured it finally made more sense to introduce myself since I'll probably be spending more time on the boards. We've finally figured out a venue and tentative date (still not entirely settled on the date since I just found out that it is the same date my dad's dad died.. oops) so now I'm on the knot a bit more trying to figure out all the rest! 

My FI and I are getting ready to PCS (still don't know where!) so it definitely is a strong reminder that the military is about to have an even stronger affect on my life! There is definitely a learning curve to all of this (both dealing with the military and wedding planning, ha)!

I hope everyone's wedding plans are going smoothly! That's mostly what I'm hoping for these days :)
Daisypath Wedding tickers

Re: Hi!

• edited December 2011
    Welcome to the Board!!!
    Photobucket
  • kara811kara811 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hi and Welcome to the board!
  • edited December 2011
    Hi and wecome :) Are you PCSing along with your Fi? It sounds stressful to deal with that and plan a wedding at the same time!
    White Knot Visit The Knot! Daisypath Graduation tickers
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_military-brides_hi-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:13Discussion:09d1bb88-196e-478a-b71b-1061b8b8ac1cPost:5c0e1e1c-9730-4c96-8bae-6a2fa8fd0d52">Re: Hi!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Hi and wecome :) Are you PCSing along with your Fi? It sounds stressful to deal with that and plan a wedding at the same time!
    Posted by SarahP787[/QUOTE]
    Yep! We're looking forward to moving on from Kansas but you're right, trying to plan a wedding while we still don't know where we're moving next is not ideal. I never did know how to do things the easy way! For now I'm working hard to get ahead of everything since I know we won't be doing as much as we get closer to the date we move. <div>
    </div><div>That's not even considering if he gets assigned overseas... that's a whole 'nother ball of wax I can't even think of yet! </div>
  • ESquared423ESquared423 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Welcome! Wow, sounds like you have a lot on your plate! I had to put my 2 cents in and say that *technically* you are not PCSing and the military will not be covering your move to the new location since you are not married..I apologize if you are aware of this and just said "we are PCSing" just for convenience sake. But, I figured I would give a heads up just in case..because it can be a lot more time, money, stress, and effort to move yourself to a new location while your FI gets everything done for him. Especially if he is sent overseas! (My FI PCSed to Hawaii and I had to move myself there on my own from North Carolina, as we were not married, and it was a lot of work on my part to get myself there!).

Anyway, welcome again and good luck to you with all of your planning!
    PersonalMilestone Anniversary
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_military-brides_hi-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:13Discussion:09d1bb88-196e-478a-b71b-1061b8b8ac1cPost:ac4b9c30-a549-46b2-8b9e-4c80555b3e5d">Re: Hi!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Welcome! Wow, sounds like you have a lot on your plate! I had to put my 2 cents in and say that *technically* you are not PCSing and the military will not be covering your move to the new location since you are not married..I apologize if you are aware of this and just said "we are PCSing" just for convenience sake. But, I figured I would give a heads up just in case..because it can be a lot more time, money, stress, and effort to move yourself to a new location while your FI gets everything done for him. Especially if he is sent overseas! (My FI PCSed to Hawaii and I had to move myself there on my own from North Carolina, as we were not married, and it was a lot of work on my part to get myself there!). Anyway, welcome again and good luck to you with all of your planning!
    Posted by ESquared423[/QUOTE]
    Yep, definitely aware, thanks though! :) Hopefully we'll just be in the states so it won't be too much of an extra stress to move me (and the pets) as well. FI may want to do a DITY move and we'll probably just sell my 12 year old car anyway before we move. If he gets sent overseas we may just end up doing a quick wedding or I'll just stay in the states until we get married. <div>
    </div><div>I can't imagine the move to Hawaii from NC, at least now you're prepared for just about anything!! </div>
  • edited December 2011
    Thus the lovely reason why my daughter had to move her wedding up 10 month and we r scrambling to get it all done now in 3 months! instead. Since overseas iwil;l be his next tour.
  • ESquared423ESquared423 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_military-brides_hi-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:13Discussion:09d1bb88-196e-478a-b71b-1061b8b8ac1cPost:82d0893f-5b00-47f4-810f-8f106005de24">Re: Hi!</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Hi! : <strong> Yep, definitely aware, thanks though! </strong>:) Hopefully we'll just be in the states so it won't be too much of an extra stress to move me (and the pets) as well. FI may want to do a DITY move and we'll probably just sell my 12 year old car anyway before we move. If he gets sent overseas we may just end up doing a quick wedding or I'll just stay in the states until we get married.  I can't imagine the move to Hawaii from NC, at least now you're prepared for just about anything!! 
    Posted by jamie5482[/QUOTE]

Ok, I didn't want to come off like "ummm EXCUSE ME YOU ARE NOT PCSing!!!!" haha..but I've run into a couple girls IRL who say "Oh, my fiance and I are PCSing" and they really were under the impression that their move was being paid for by the military and that housing would be provided for them on the other end and all that..so, just checking!

Yea I had to sell my car and a few other belongings and really consolidate to make the move, it was ROUGH! But we made it happen, obviously. I hope your move is a little less stressful!
    PersonalMilestone Anniversary
  • edited December 2011
    Mob, wow, I hope you're able to get everything done! I'm sure your daughter's wedding will be beautiful! Good luck!

Thanks, ESquared! No worries, better to check than let those who might not know run around in the dark! :) I'll be kinda sad to sell my old car but it's getting to be that time anyway, haha. I've gotten so used to consilidating and throwing out old things, it's ridiculous - I've moved every year or two for the past almost 12 years. I got rid of nearly everything I owned about 4 years ago so I could fit the vast majority of my belongings in my small Honda Civic to move to Kansas. The object I'm most worried about moving is the cat! The dog will be happy as long as she's with me but the cat is another, loud-meowing, story.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards