Favors

Salt water taffy as wedding favors?

Hi girls-

I was thinking about doing salt water taffy as wedding favors--I'm from Jersey and I LOVE the beach.  My wedding and reception however, are no where near the beach.  Do you think this is a good idea?  Thanks for the feedback! Wink
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Salt water taffy as wedding favors?

• sarebare68sarebare68 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I personally think people love edible favors. At every wedding venue I visited I was told by the "pros" that people rarely take the favors unless they're edible anyway. How many people will really read so much in to your favors that they will think the taffy doesn't match your venue? Especially if you consider giving it in your wedding colors.
  • trix1223trix1223 member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I love saltwater taffy, especially when it's from NJ.  I'd be trying to surreptitiously scoop up the leftovers on the table at the end of your party.  =)  Delish!!
    "Trix, it's what they/our parents wanted. Why so judgemental? And why is your wedding date over a year and a half ago? And why do you not have a groom's name? And why have you posted over 12,000 posts? And why do you always say mean things to brides?" palegirl146
  • Mrs.B6302007Mrs.B6302007 member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    Great idea!  I love taffy and want some now..thanks.  ;-)
    The Bee Hive Est. June 30, 2007
    "So I sing a song of love, Julia"

BFAR:We Defined Our Own Success!

• ivyrose13ivyrose13 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Taffy is an awesome idea! We are putting handfuls of it on our OOT bags.

The truth behind a well laced dress
  • mgietler76mgietler76 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Definitely go for it! Even if you have a few people who don't like taffy, you will have at least one person like me who LOVES it and will take all the leftovers off your hands.
  • trix1223trix1223 member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    ivyrose:  I'm just threadjacking this to say that I think that the picture of the bouquet is simply gorgeous.  Our DD used lavender and honeydew melon green as her wedding colors.  I love the color combination, and the mix of flowers in that bouquet are stunning.
    "Trix, it's what they/our parents wanted. Why so judgemental? And why is your wedding date over a year and a half ago? And why do you not have a groom's name? And why have you posted over 12,000 posts? And why do you always say mean things to brides?" palegirl146
  • shortee426shortee426 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm from NJ too and my wedding is on the shore.  Part of my favor is salt water taffy ;-)
    Anniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards