New York-Western

Reviews - 9/22

Hi ladies!

I know the board isn't terribly active, but hopefully reviews are always helpful!

Ceremony - St. Louis RC Church
We didn't have too much interaction with anyone here (we brought in our own priest as well as music), but when we did everyone was very pleasant! It's a gorgeous setting and we felt lucky to be able to use it! The church also provided a coordinator, which we didn't know until last minute, but he was VERY thorough and helpful in ensuring that we were well-rehearsed and that things went smoothly for the ceremony.

Reception - Pearl Street
We had our reception on the 4th floor...honestly, it was exactly what I wanted. Not too formal, with lots of personality. Portions were HUGE and the food was good (especially for a wedding, I think). Natalie and her team are amazing, I had complete faith at every step of the way that they would make the day beautiful. Definitely recommend!!

Photography - Ayres Photography
Amazing!!! I can't say enough good things about Jenn + Ben. They're friendly, creative and incredibly talented at what they do-in addition to being a calming, unintrusive presence day of :) We just got our "sneak peek" and we LOVE our photos! The only small downside is that it takes awhile to get ALL of the photos, but given the level of attention and care they give (and the many, many edited results!) I think it's a small price to pay. Plus, I think the timeline is similar to other photogs of a similar caliber in the area. Highly recommend!!!!

Cake - Dessert Deli 
I loved our cake (although I didn't get to sample any until the day after, haha!). We weren't too picky about the design, but what we ended up with was beautiful and simple--very pretty and polished without having to use fondant! 

Flowers - Woyshners
I basically had no idea what I was doing in terms of flowers, and the team here was great with suggestions and guidance. The bouquets and centerpieces were very pretty. The only snafu was that we were originally short one bouquet when they delivered, but they very quickly got us one!

Limo - Affordable Limousine
Again, not too much contact here but no problems and great day of service! Our driver was very professional and accomodating (lots of last minute decisions on picture locations, etc). Prices were decent for the area.

DJ - Phenomenon Sound, DJ Joey B
Loved Joey B! We chose Phenomenon based on recommendations from Pearl Street and Ayres. We didn't meet Joey until day of (we met with an office manager to do our planning), which probably wasn't ideal, but he was great and kept the party going! Our dance floor was full all night, which was exactly what I wanted.

Hope these help...happy planning!

Re: Reviews - 9/22

• <div>Just realized I missed one!</div><div>
    </div><div>Makeup & Bridesmaids' Hair - Glam on Location</div><div>I've seen the negative reviews on here, but I honestly had a great experience. I worked primarily with Nikki--she was great! I wasn't thrilled with my first trial (it was just too much eye makeup for me), but she really listened to my feedback and nailed the second. I LOVED my makeup day of, and the girls looked great as well. Brittany ended up doing my bridesmaids' hair, which they all liked for the most part. My MOH didn't love hers initially, but Nikki ended up redoing her hair for her, no problem. I can't speak to the issues that other people have had with Heather, but she was responsive with me and I would definitely recommend Nikki and Brittany!</div><div>
    </div>In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_new-york-western_reviews-922?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:622Discussion:9afcf603-0742-4cb1-9feb-0be7064321a4Post:42f0fac0-4a24-4b98-9a28-212cfa98d121">Reviews - 9/22</a>:
    [QUOTE]Hi ladies! I know the board isn't terribly active, but hopefully reviews are always helpful! Ceremony - St. Louis RC Church We didn't have too much interaction with anyone here (we brought in our own priest as well as music), but when we did everyone was very pleasant! It's a gorgeous setting and we felt lucky to be able to use it! The church also provided a coordinator, which we didn't know until last minute, but he was VERY thorough and helpful in ensuring that we were well-rehearsed and that things went smoothly for the ceremony. Reception - Pearl Street We had our reception on the 4th floor...honestly, it was exactly what I wanted. Not too formal, with lots of personality. Portions were HUGE and the food was good (especially for a wedding, I think). Natalie and her team are amazing, I had complete faith at every step of the way that they would make the day beautiful. Definitely recommend!! Photography - Ayres Photography Amazing!!! I can't say enough good things about Jenn + Ben. They're friendly, creative and incredibly talented at what they do-in addition to being a calming, unintrusive presence day of :) We just got our "sneak peek" and we LOVE our photos! The only small downside is that it takes awhile to get ALL of the photos, but given the level of attention and care they give (and the many, many edited results!) I think it's a small price to pay. Plus, I think the timeline is similar to other photogs of a similar caliber in the area. Highly recommend!!!! Cake - Dessert Deli  I loved our cake (although I didn't get to sample any until the day after, haha!). We weren't too picky about the design, but what we ended up with was beautiful and simple--very pretty and polished without having to use fondant!  Flowers - Woyshners I basically had no idea what I was doing in terms of flowers, and the team here was great with suggestions and guidance. The bouquets and centerpieces were very pretty. The only snafu was that we were originally short one bouquet when they delivered, but they very quickly got us one! Limo - Affordable Limousine Again, not too much contact here but no problems and great day of service! Our driver was very professional and accomodating (lots of last minute decisions on picture locations, etc). Prices were decent for the area. DJ - Phenomenon Sound, DJ Joey B Loved Joey B! We chose Phenomenon based on recommendations from Pearl Street and Ayres. We didn't meet Joey until day of (we met with an office manager to do our planning), which probably wasn't ideal, but he was great and kept the party going! Our dance floor was full all night, which was exactly what I wanted. Hope these help...happy planning!
    Posted by JillianGa[/QUOTE]
  • Yay- I'm getting married on the 4th floor at Pearl St! Glad to hear you loved it! Thanks for the rest of the reviews too.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • What kind of menu did you do at Pearl Street? We are having our wedding in the Webb building, so I was wondering if you did buffet or sit down style? Thanks!
  • We did a sit down, with options of pot roast and chicken marsala (and the 6 cheese pasta for our veg option). I had been really nervous about doing the pot roast (I was afraid people would think it was strange we weren't doing steak or something more traditional), but that seems to have ended up being the favorite dish! I chose sit down because it just seemed a little bit more formal than me, and also freed up space in the room since we didn't have to worry about fitting the buffet in. 

We also added on some late night food (wings and pizza), which I think guests really liked--I didin't get to try any unfortunately ;)

Let me know if you have other questions!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards