Canada-Ontario
Options

Day of Coordinators?

I like the idea of a coordinator the day of the wedding, just not sure if it's really worth it, I could use that cost towards something else...plus, my FI doesn't seem to think we need one. We do have 250-280 ppl.

Is it worth it??

Re: Day of Coordinators?

• Options
    StephieBowStephieBow member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Depends - do you have a coordinator focused on your wedding all day at the venue?

The venue I booked is solely focused on my wedding for the day so I skipped on it... but I think it depends how much coordination you think you need on the day.
    Anniversary image

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

• Options
    LittlinLittlin member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I think it depends on your level of coordination and the resources of the venue.  At my wedding, there was a banquet manager, catering manager, bar manager, etc., plus my main contact in planning that were all there.  I had a detailed schedule of timing both in the setup and during the ceremony, so DOC wasn't really necessary.  I didn't get asked one question all day and everything was fine.  Most venues have similar setups, unless you are bringing in outside catering, bar, etc.  It can be expensive as well, but for some, it's worth the peace of mind!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    My venue is at a hall and I know there will be a manager that will take care of everything. So I guess I just need to make a schedule of timing for everything?

Thanks that really helps!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I gave one, I think it is completely worth it, that way on the day of my wedding I can relax and be a guest at my own wedding. My mom did not have a good coordinator and she ended up having to stand in her wedding dress and direct people to their seats. Having someone to take care of any issues that arise to ensure your guests have no idea is completely worth it to me. I don't want vendors running to me on my wedding day with issues, my coordinator is even picking up my flowers and center pieces so i dont have to pay delivery. I think it is worth it so that if there are issues on my wedding day they will not stress me out.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I can't speak of their level of service but there is a wedding coordinator wagjag offer. It's $99 for $500 worth of "coordinating". If you only nedd a little help it might be worth while - but I'd check if they have your date available.

http://wagjag.com/index.php?_page=home&wagjag=20157

Good luck!
  • Options
    mattycammattycam member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I had two friends act as my wedding co-ordinators and they did a fantastic job! If you have any friends/family that would be willing to take that role, that can save you money.
  • Options
    MissMonikaMissMonika member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I wasn't sure how to find a coordinator for the best price but I found http://www.jobdeals.com and basically you search for whatever you need - a DJ, a photographer, a coordinator and you ASK for their price for the day/time you need. You end up getting tons of GREAT competitive prices and links to their websites, so you can see if you like them!! Does the work for you! Good luck.
  • Options
    mags727mags727 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I know quite a few people who think it is worth it and a few who think it is not. It is always easier to have that extra person there just to ensure that everything runs smoothly and you do not have to worry. I myself am a Wedding Planner and if you have any questions about day of coordination I am willing to help.

Good Luck!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards