Georgia-Atlanta

How do you find the best vendors?

I've found that an online search is the best tool for finding what I need. I look at proximity, pricing (transparency is a big issue with me) and performance history (reputation). Paid ads don't count.
My initial Google search terms look like this:  bridesmaid dresses Cobb County

I'll go to the website and check the reviews. I want to make sure that it's a real business, legitimate, with a good reputation. Things like professional memberships, Better Business Bureau membership - these things matter to me.

How about you all - How do you go about finding quality local businesses?

Re: How do you find the best vendors?

• Pretty much the same as you, although I've also used recs from TK and friends and family. 
  • I relied mostly on friends' recommendations and reading reviews online. 
  • One thing that I've found out is that the most recognizable names (from t.v. advertising) are often the most expensive and provide the least personal service.

Here are the categories where I've found excellent providers online:

Wedding Cake

Tuxedos

Honeymoon

Reception

We were also lucky enough to find a place that could provide exact-match fabric by the yard (actually about two yards per piece) by doing an online search. The colors are navy and cornflower blue.

• I would add that once I have narrowed it down to a vendor via an internet search, TN recommendation, or friend/framily recommendation, I just trust my instict based on my communication with the vendor.  If they are responsive and good to work with in the beginning, I feel they will add to my experience in the long term as well.
  • Definitely here! Some great information is available at TK!

I like to use local companies, as opposed to nationwide chains. I just think that it's good karma to support our neighbors when we can - especially if those neighbors have good products at good prices. Besides that, personal service is important to me!  I think that most people feel that way, maybe it's just that not a whole lot of people want to spend time looking for unique vendors.

I hear so much about the importance of small business in our economy. I just want to help however I can!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards