Indiana

Alterations in Indianapolis!

Long story short, my alterations plans fell through, and I need to find someone to do them... for my wedding in a month! LUCKILY my dress fits almost perfectly already and is corseted (gives a little extra give-n-take for sizing) but I need to find a good person to go to.

Someone was recommended in Castleton I believe? I don't want to drive outside of Indianapolis, specifically close to my home & work (BR & Dwntwn)

Re: Alterations in Indianapolis!

• edited December 2011
    I think a lot of people have reccomended someone in or close to the Castleton Square Mall.

Mine was great, but in Greenwood.
  • jfarrimondjfarrimond member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    The bridal superstore just moved next to trader joes across the street from TJ Maxx Home Goods store. The alterations portion of the store has its own entrance. Pretty sure they will do alterations even if you didnt purchase your dress at the superstore. Their turn around time is very short. My wedding is in less than a month and I just went for my first fitting this week.

I would for sure check them out!
    Good luck!
  • edited December 2011
    I HIGHLY recommend Alex's Tailor Shop.  The contact info is : 
    5858 East 82nd Street, Indianapolis, IN‎ - (317) 594-8982

She was great and quick!

Good luck.
  • chrissykarenchrissykaren member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Don't go anywhere else!  My lady ROCKS and will get it done.  She may be a little out of your way, but I wouldn't trust my dress to anyone else.  I can't even begin to tell you how great she is!

Melissa at The Perfect Stitch

8615 Southeastern Avenue
    Indianapolis, IN 46239
    (317) 862-8200
  • edited December 2011

What kind of wedding dress did you have altered? Mine is a Kenneth Pool that is very form fitting and has a lot of bead work. Would you still recommend perfect stitch? My dress needs to be taken in probably two sizes and im nervous!!
    thanks!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards