Military Brides
Options

Military couple friends.

I am quite sure that there are dozens of you ladies are going to be military brides in their 30's such as myself. My fiance is a 42 year old navy chief. We were chatting and came to realize that we do not have any military couple friends. Most of our friends are single and it is tough for them being the third wheel. If I do go out with my friends alone, I have to hear the drama of baby daddies, dating married men, etc. I just want to be around positive people who have their one identity besides their husbands but be able hang with the guys as a couple when need be. I am not a club person nor is he, but we like to do many other things. I am sure there are some happy people out their. We are a bi racial couple. I am blsck and he is white. If that does not bother you, by all means leave me a message and we can maybe meet for drinks.

Re: Military couple friends.

• Options
    iluvmytxrgriluvmytxrgr member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    Find out if your FI's unit offers a marriage retreat sometimes durring the year.  My H's unit does them twice a year.  They are very fun and we learn new things about each other every time.  They aren't marriage fixing retreats, they are marriage building retreats.  We've met many couples and hang out with a few of them often. 
    It usually costs us $50 for a weekend at a nice hotel and two meals a day from Friday evening to Sunday afternoon.  There are several classes about communication.  Last year, we even had ballroom and latin dance lessons.  It was a lot of fun.  I totally recomend it to all married couples to go at least once. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thank God we do not have any issues at all. We do not argue or fight, He is a absolute dream. No communication problems what so ever.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I read her comment as a suggestion for you to get out and meet people since your post was about not knowing many couples, not that you had issues :) Marriage retreats sound fun and I'd like to do one once, like-wise we're looking into pre-marital counceling even though we get along great, can't hurt!

Best of luck with the retreat or whatever you decide to do to meet people!

• Options
    iluvmytxrgriluvmytxrgr member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011

Retreats aren't about people having issues.  They are about giving you tools to prevent issues.  They are also about meeting other people, spending time together and having fun.

• Options
    mysticlmysticl member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    edited December 2011
    Joiner, you have a message. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards