Wedding Woes
Options

Lunch poll

but not the one you would think! My MIL called me last week and told me she wanted to go lunch :(
I told her I couldn't leave my parking spot. She said she'd pick me up.
I told her that I was on a diet. She said she was too.
I told her that I have to have my lunch scheduled the day before, so it wouldn't work out. She said she'd call the morning of, find out when my lunch is, and make her lunch for the same time.
I said that I don't answer my cell at work. She said she'd email me.
I said my email has strict junk filters. She said she'd call me work phone.
I said I'm not allowed to take personal calls on my work phone anymore. She said she'd just drop by.

SO since she can't take a hint (and I wanted to drive my car off a cliff by the end of this conversation.) How would you get out of lunch with her?!

Re: Lunch poll

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I don't know how to edit my poll, but option 4 should say there's *nothing I want to do less
  • Options
    6fsn6fsn member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    I feel like I'm forgetting something.  Why would lunch be so bad?
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Because she's the most annoying person on the face of the earth. A 5 minute phone conversation makes me want to die. I do not want to be alone with her.
    Also, last month she told DH that we were in a hornets nest of lies and needed to move back home. She's crazy.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_wedding-woes_lunch-poll-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:47Discussion:62415dcd-8685-4471-b13a-17c3e3ea0a85Post:6c705bc7-0a11-4635-8bd7-2e3ca7b33575">Re: Lunch poll</a>:
    [QUOTE]i honestly think that after all the rigmarole you went through, just have the damn lunch and be done with it. and next time she asks you to go to lunch, just tell her, "no thank you. i'll call you when i am able to make plans for a future lunch date." meh. i find that sometimes being polite is just the best thing to do.
    Posted by Wifezzilla[/QUOTE]

I'm NEVER allowed to just say "no thank you." It's always followed up with a million "whaaaaat? Whhhhhhy?!"s and phone calls to my husband. It's ridiculous.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Just say no thank you. If she has follow up questions, say because you can't and you have to go because your hair is one fire and hang up the phone. When she calls your H, he can say I don't know and I have to go because my hair is on fire.
  • Options
    hmonkeyhmonkey member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited December 2011
    HAYSU KRISTO there is nothing i hate more than people who ask "why?" when you say "no." 

cant_wait, you go out to lunch, and then you punch that woman in the damn face when the bill comes and you run out.

she will never talk to you again AND LIFE WILL BEEZ AWESOME.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Can you bring someone with you at the last minute?

How about you go to lunch with her. Then you have a friend call you and say there is some emergency so you have to go.  This always works in Rom-Coms and sitcoms.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    This is why I was so excited to move away. And then I didn't get to move. :(
    When we first got our apartment in San Jose and told them it was really small, she said "That's going to make overnight visits difficult!11one" And I told her there would be no overnight visits. In fact, there would be no visits at all. And she laughed thinking I was joking.
    I wasn't joking.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Ew. Overnight visits. What is she? 12?
  • Options
    6fsn6fsn member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    In that case take Hmo's advice.
  • Options
    nicoleg1982nicoleg1982 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Can you run her over?
    imageimage
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I've thought about it Nico. I feel like she's getting increasingly crazier. The reason this came up today: I saw I missed a call from her on my cell this morning. I'm going to leave for lunch right now in case she "drops by" to take me to lunch.
    How dense do you have to be to not realize when someone doesn't want to hang out with you?
  • Options
    baconsmombaconsmom member
    5 Love Its First Answer First Anniversary Name Dropper
    edited December 2011
    WTF is this "web of lies" thing? 

Also: "I'm sorry, that won't be possible."
    "Whyyyyyyyy????!!!!eleventy"
    "It just won't be." CLICK. 

• Options
    edited December 2011
    bmom-It's a looong story but it has to do with DH and I moving out of our house and putting a renter in there, and the fact that we don't live together since we're currently working in cities 3 hours apart.
    ETA: I remember it all started because DH asked her to call in a prescription refill for him since his insurance hadn't kicked in yet. She said no, and then went off in the hornets nest of lies rant.
  • Options
    baconsmombaconsmom member
    5 Love Its First Answer First Anniversary Name Dropper
    edited December 2011
    My eyes are rolling across the room. I'd start hanging up on her a lot more. 
  • Options
    hmonkeyhmonkey member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited December 2011
    i would fart in the phone first, and then hang up.  POOT POOT POOT
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    hmo. Ladies don't fart.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards