Ohio-Cincinnati
Options

Seamstress

I bought my dress at Splendid Bridal, and now, need to get some alterations.  Two questions...
1)  When is it time to get alterations done?
2)  Any recommendations on seamstresses?  Splendid Bridal has one that I'm not too confident in - /> I met her yesterday when I was picking up my dress and wasn't too impressed.

Re: Seamstress

• Options
    Me & my daughter in law to be met with our seamstress yesterday.  I found her on this board with great reviews!  Her name is Pauline and her business is Stiches by Pauline in Loveland.  She was great!!!  She made us feel so comfortable & welcome!  My son & daughter in law's wedding is May 12, 2012.  Hope that helps :)
  • Options
    I am using Margaret Oldfield. She works out her home on the west side off of the Rybolt Road exit on 74. She knew what she was doing and I felt very comfortable leaving my dress with her. I just had my first fitting yesterday and my wedding is May 5th, 2012.

I also found her on this board with good reviews. She can be reached at:

margaretsdesigns@hotmail.com.

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_ohio-cincinnati_seamstress-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:108Discussion:51bb48e2-8209-4bdb-948a-2102c12e4091Post:4289d5c9-a3f5-4f87-aaa6-f999e355ca50">Re: Seamstress</a>:
    [QUOTE]I am using Margaret Oldfield. She works out her home on the west side off of the Rybolt Road exit on 74. She knew what she was doing and I felt very comfortable leaving my dress with her. I just had my first fitting yesterday and my wedding is May 5th, 2012. I also found her on this board with good reviews. She can be reached at: margaretsdesigns@hotmail.com.  
    Posted by e_brenda[/QUOTE]

I used Margaret as well.  She altered the bodice and the sleeves and put in the bustle.  Very reasonable and easy to work with.  My first fitting was a couple months before the wedding.  She held it for me until the week of the wedding and had it all pressed, ready to go.
    Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers image
  • Options
    I am using Lorie Schurr, also found through recommendations on the boards. She works out of her home located in the Kings Island/Landen area.  I just had my first fitting and she was extremely nice! I am getting my dress hemmed to be a little shorter, cups put in, lace straps shortened, and a bustle and she estimated the cost is only $75! 
  • Options
    Anne Firestone in MT ADDams, faculty at UC DAAP fashion design
  • Options
    I used Sew much on Benson Street. Mary was great and the price was right. I can't say enough about her. She was GREAT!
  • Options
    Thanks ladies for all of your input!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards