Arkansas

Ice Cream Social?

Okay, so on our first date, Allen and I had pizza and ice cream sundaes. So, I think it would be just about the cutest thing ever to have an ice cream sundae reception (maybe around 2 in the afternoon?? I"m not sure)! I'm just wondering how guests would feel about this. My FI thinks it would be messy (but he thinks everything will be messy, idk why, he rarely spills his food!) but I think it would be adorable. Or maybe, we could do a lunchtime reception and do pizza followed by ice cream sundaes (served up bar style and made to order at a station). I'm a bit afraid that it may be like a birthday party. . . Bear in mind that Allen and I are young (22 and 21 when we wed) so it would actually be kinda weird to have uber fancy food. I don't know, I'm rambling. What do you think?

Re: Ice Cream Social?

• Tonya13Tonya13 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Also, we're getting married on May 30, so it will be nearly summertime. Ice cream in January would be way different than ice cream in May, just thought I would let you know ;)
  • Tonya13Tonya13 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I like the timing of it. We also plan to serve something like little pizzas (also to reference the first date). We'll also have fruit and veggie options, but I'm pretty excited about the reception now. Before hand I was more like. . . well. Let's just say I didn't plan to stay at my own reception for very long because all I can imagine are family members I don't really know stuffing their faces and drowning out the voices of my friends. But now I feel like our youth and excitement will take center stage. I'm excited to be excited about our reception!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards