Catholic Weddings

Wedding fees

If you have had a Catholic wedding, please take this poll...

Re: Wedding fees

• Riss91Riss91 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011

Are you including all fees - ie, the cost of marriage prep classes, music, tips to altar servers, etc?

• Calypso1977Calypso1977 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Answer Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    we spent a combo of "required" and what we wanted to give.

Required:
    Priest:  $100
    Organist:  $265
    Church:  $100 (might have been $150)
    Total:  $465

Additional we wanted to give:
    Priest:  $100
    Altar Servers: $80 (2 x$40)
    Total:  $180

Grand Total:  $645 (or $695, cant remember on teh church fee)
  • Theresa626Theresa626 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I included all required ceremony fees in my answer but not the fee for the required marriage prep classes. The ceremony fees added up to 750 but the marriage prep was an extra 350.  
  • Riss91Riss91 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    Mine was $750 for use of church (non-parishoners) and then we paid $200 to the priest from that church (he handled all the paperwork) and another $250 to the priest that performed our ceremony. We also gave $50 to each altar server (not required by the church, but customary).

I didn't include our music costs, since they weren't "required" or our pre-cana classes, since they differ depending on which format you choose.
  • mswood1977mswood1977 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

The required fees for me was $200 Parish Organist, $100 Parish Cantor, $150 Parish Wedding Coordinator.  There was no fee for the the use of the church (we are contributing parish memebers, non-members are charged $1000), and no fee for our Priest, though we did give him $200.  We also tipped our altar server (family friend) $25.  We also did not have a fee for any pre-cana.

So our required fees where $650, and our own choosen dontations where $225 (total $875), which honestly is much less than most non-church sites that many of my non-catholic friends have used for their weddings.

image image Image and video hosting by TinyPic Mommy 3 Months Old image Tristan 3 Months Old Image and video hosting by TinyPicLilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • edited December 2011
    The church fee for non-registered parishoners (H used to go to the church we were married in before we moved out of state) was $750. That only included the church, the suggested donation of $200 to the priest and/or deacon and the ceremony organist.

We then gave both of our altar servers $25 and paid our cantor $50 which was what she charged.
  • edited December 2011
    $250 to rent the church on a Friday evening
    $40 ($20 each) as a tip for the two altar servers
    Tried to give the priest a gift card for $100, but he wouldn't take it and told us just to donate to the parish instead.  So we did.

Total: $390, far less than we would have paid for a secular site and officiant.

The organist was my good friend and waived her normal $100 fee -- even if she'd charged her normal fee, we still would have been under $500.
  • MopsieBMopsieB member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hi: I was just referring to the church fee- use of the church, nothing else. But thanks for the extra info. We are long-time parishioners and they still wanted to charge us $1,000 at our church. We negotiated down to $200, but it felt dirty. This is a new pastor, by the way. The old one charged nothing to parishioners for use of the church.
  • virgincitavirgincita member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    we have a church fee of $1,000 for non-parishioners. It is waived for contributing parishioners (which we are!! thankfully!)
  • newlyseliskinewlyseliski member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Our church fee for parishioners is $1000, but it includes programs, church fee, organist, cantor, internal marriage prep, priest and deacon.  Our Creighton NFP classes are $200 ($500 without scaled fee) and our pre-cana retreat is $130.
  • mica178mica178 member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I think the church fee (not including marriage prep, organist, rental of parish hall for refreshments and groomsmen prep space) was about $250.  
  • DanielleZZDanielleZZ member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We were just told donation, but I wish they had a set fee because I have no idea what to give!?
    Trying to Conceive Ticker Anniversary
  • MopsieBMopsieB member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks for all of the info!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards