Favors
Options

Lining favor boxes before putting candy in?

I'm using 2x2x2 boxes with jordan almonds for my favors, but it seems "unfinished" to just toss them in. Has anyone else done a lining for a favor box with edible favors? I have tissue paper I was thinking of using, but I'm not sure what to do with it so that it's tucked in nice and neat, and yet none of the candy touches the walls of the box.

Suggestions?

Re: Lining favor boxes before putting candy in?

• Options
    loveslugloveslug member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Check in the candy making section of Michaels or other craft stores...they have a variety of food-grade plastic bags, often in different shapes and sizes, that you could put the candy in before you box it up.  We are doing this, and tying the bags with pretty ribbons to kind of 'dress up' the little bags.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    You could put them in those little tull bags then put them in the box.
    you can get them at micheals they are $19.99 for 50 i think and if you use a 50% off coupon they will be about $9.99
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I have the clear boxes from on orientaltrading.com, I was thinking the same thing....I dont know wheither to just put the candies in the boxes or what
  • Options
    missmeikrantzmissmeikrantz member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    For clear it probably looks really neat to be able to see the candies through the box, so you probably don't have to line those.
  • Options
    FystybrideFystybride member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We are using tissue in ours...bought a huge box at costco for 9.00... the kind you get in a box of donuts.  We have several types of boxes though, including larger ones to take cake home, so I didn't want to just have it in there with no lining.
  • Options
    lcsa99lcsa99 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Just use tissue paper. Kinda fold/tuck it into a little pillow shape and place the almonds on top. Think jewelry box look.

It should come out nice. They might touch the sides when they roll around during transport, but I think it will add the little touch you're looking for.

June 2011 Siggy Challenge: Shoes! imageWedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards