Michigan-Detroit

HELP Invitations

What company did you use and how much did you pay roughly per invite?
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: HELP Invitations

• Michael's.  I paid about $1.00
  • I got mine on the sales table at Michael's for $5 per box for 50, so 10 cents each.

If this is not something you are super particular about, the various craft stores (Michael's, Joann's or Hobby Lobby) have boxes of invitations for about $30 for 25 (I think, not sure). I"ve also seen them at Walmart.

If I hadn't found mine on the sales table, I would have selected a kit at one of those stores. It was not that critical to me, and I was on a really tight budget.
  • MMRoberts11MMRoberts11 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited March 2013
    I printed all the paper "components" with Vistaprint.  I then purchased construction paper at Joann's and made pocketfolds on my own.  My entire invite including the pocketfold, information, RSVP postcards, envelopes for the entire thing, and postage for the RSVP cards and entire thing for under $80 a piece.  I don't remember the exact price but I know it was under that.
  • I got mine from custom creations and invitations out of canton. We are paying roughly $9/invitation suite but our invitations are more on the fancy side, she definitely does some for a lot less and some for more.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest
  • edited March 2013
    I bought invitation kits on sale at Hobby Lobby, printed them myself, and dressed them up with added ribbon in our wedding color, and pearl accents. Tshey ended up costing about .27 cents a piece with the ribbon and the pearls.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • We got ours in a kit from Hobby Lobby on sale, printed them ourselves, and then embellished them with ribbon and pearl accents. They cost approximately .27 cents apiece.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I bought materials online from cardsandpockets.com and printed/assembled my own invites. 

Final cost with postage ended up being just around $2.50 per invite, but postage alone was $1.30 per invite.

I could have cut down costs, but I'm a designer so I was going to make them look nice.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards