New Jersey

Checking in from Sandy

How is everyone? We got lucky and got no damage except we'll be without power until Monday. We packed up today and went to MIL's in Brooklyn. My aunt was not so lucky. She had to be rescued from her home in Moonachie. It's probably totally gone. But the important thing is we are all safe.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Re: Checking in from Sandy

• I am glad to hear that you and family are safe.  It is heartbreaking to see what has been happening to people.
    I have been without power and living with a generator that powers some things in the house some of the time.  I can't complain though!
  • Thank goodness you're safe! Our house is, amazingly, totally fine - no flooding, even, and w always get a few inches in the basement. Power came back on today for half my neighborhood. The majority of the town, however, is without power and the water may be comtaminated. Many houses in the section of town on the water are gone (we had some fires during the hurricane, unfortunately).

Just thankful everyone is safe and healthy!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    140 invited -- 118 are ready to party! -- 27 can't make it

• So glad to see all your posts and that you are all ok. Hope all your Jersey family and friends are safe and well.  We lost power for about 15 seconds Monday and that was all. Every lucky and thankful. No real damage and no flooding.  The things I've seen all over News 12 just blows my mind. I'm a Jersey Shore girl and I can't believe the things that have happened.  My heart just breaks.

Stay Jersey Strong girls!!
  • I'm on Staten Island and its such a sad sight out here. My heart goes out to everyone in the tristate area who lost their homes. We are out of power, water, and Verizon and I had to go find public wifi in a restaurant to contact my family back in PA to let them know I'm ok.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_new-jersey_checking-in-from-sandy?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:90Discussion:9687b1bf-c564-4310-ba21-1ab5fd8d641bPost:2718accd-9d3c-45f5-ab79-d289fab603d6">Re:Checking in from Sandy</a>:
    [QUOTE]I'm on Staten Island and its such a sad sight out here. My heart goes out to everyone in the tristate area who lost their homes. We are out of power, water, and Verizon and I had to go find public wifi in a restaurant to contact my family back in PA to let them know I'm ok.
    Posted by epicfani[/QUOTE]

Thoughts and prayers to you
  • I had to evacuate Jersey City before the storm and haven't been able to get back since due to the trees and power lines down. I know the house is ok but still no power. I've been staying with my mom in Somerset County and she is without power for at least a week. At least she has hot water. My brother in Hoboken was completely stranded until today when the National Guard rolled in to help. This storm was something else. Jersey will rise again but it is going to take a long time and a lot of money!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic 

• Feeling very blessed as our home only lost power for a second and we had no damage. We were one of the few neighborhoods in town that had power, now everyone else is slowly getting their power back on. Glad the rest of you girls are safe as well.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards