Nebraska

Vendor review from wedding 10/14/12 and a couple items for sale

Venue: Fontenelle Nature Association : A

Connie (the event coordinator) is very accessible and definitely knows what she's doing. They put up all tables and chairs and made set-up as easy as possible for me. The venue was gorgeous. 

Caterer: Attitude on Food : A

The food was amazing and the staff is phenomenal. You really can't beat the customer service found at Attitude on Food. We had a buffet with locally raised, vegetarian fed chicken and beef which meant a lot to us. I don't think they normally do that, so we were really happy that they went above and beyond to meet this request. Michele worked with Micky from United to coordinate everything so I had very little to do with when things were delivered or picked up. 

Beverage Caterer : Cornhusker Beverage : A

Jim really knows his stuff and was able to make some very accurate suggestions. The bartender was super nice. We had an open bar and it was very well-priced. 

Cake : Cake Gallery : A
Bottom tier was apple spice, middle tier was strawberry cream, and the top tier was yellow. OMG was it amazing!

Flowers and Centerpieces : Wedding Creations by Marcia : A+

Marcia is amazing. Everything she did was even more beautiful than I could have hoped for. She did all the normal flower stuff (bouquets, corsages, bouts, etc) in addition to my centerpieces and chuppah. 

DJ : Showtime : C+

The DJ we met with was when we booked Showtime  really awesome and even DJ'd my friends wedding (and was very good). When we met at Showtime a week before the wedding we learned that he had quit, but the person we were meeting with promised we'd be taken care of. The kid that showed up to the wedding (he looked like he was still in high school) was someone we had never met. He didn't know that he needed to set up outside for ceremony music and he also didn't have the playlist for the ceremony. These are some details that should have been ironed out way before he walked through the door. It was added stress that I didn't need. Toward the end of the night when people started trickling out, he started playing gangsta music. Gangsta music at my Jewish wedding. I figured some of my drunk friends were requesting those songs. Turns out no one did. Whatever. It was weird. 

Rentals : United Rent-Alls : A

I was *very* happy with Micky. They had a really big selection of products and Micky was very knowledgeable. 

Photographer : Images by TLC : A 

Terry is very nice and very good at what he does. He's very funny and knew how to get us to smile and relax. 

Dress : Pearls and Lace : B+

Vendor from Minnesota, will review on their board.

Alterations : Twin Cities Bridal Alterations : A

Vendor from Minnesota, will review on their board.

Ketubah : My Ketubah Art Studios : A+
Vendor from San Francisco  She did an amazing job.  

Ketubah Framing : CHOICE Custom Framing : A+
JJ was awesome. The framing turned out beautifully and did  a great job. He framed it with acrylic and a removable back so we could showcase it during the reception and then after the wedding he switched out the acrylic for glass and put in a better backing . 

FOR SALE:

I'm selling an Ivory Blusher from David's Bridal and a tree slab (used as my cake stand).

The blusher was never worn. I bought it for $20, selling it for $10. 

The tree slab is an Ash Wood tree slice, about 20 inches or so in diameter. It has a 10" split.

Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Vendor review from wedding 10/14/12 and a couple items for sale

• How many peeps can you fit in there?
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_nebraska_vendor-review-from-wedding-101412-and-a-couple-items-for-sale?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:654Discussion:7ed66631-1613-4cca-b4d6-64c88b67f1b1Post:86c92a22-d9e8-45db-8a8a-b55ad15d867a">Anyone use Elmwood park Pavillion for reception?</a>:
    [QUOTE]How many peeps can you fit in there?
    Posted by craftzoo[/QUOTE]

<div>You would probably get more views if you made your own post, rather than commenting on this one. </div>
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards