Second Weddings
Options

My Ex is being an A$$, UPDATE!

The wedding of my ex husbands eldest daughter (25) is taking place next weekend.

Background: She was devastated he refused to come to her wedding because he wasn't walking her down the aisle. She wrote me for advice and help. See full post on page 2.here.  My ex and I have a son that is the brides half brother and 15 years old and in the wedding. 

Well, they talked and he is now coming to the wedding. He finally got his head out of his a$$. He will be seated in a prominent place, front row,  will wear a tux (he went to get a fitting last weekend with our son) and be in family photos.

The problem with him, is he has real trouble controlling his emotions and anger, and his daughter and her mom and family are really worried he will cause a scene.
He called me to talk and the best way to handle him is to get on his side. He was saying how hurt he was about everything and I told him I understood. He of course started crying and carrying on and I comforted him the best I could.

I told him it is his daughter's day and I hope he is planning on holding his head high, and being a proud father, and not causing any trouble. He promised me he wouldn't.  He asked me if he and his fiance could be seated with us. I told him ok (ARGHHHH) if it would make him feel more comfortable. He and our son and my husband and his new fiance will probably be seated together.  I made him promise he wouldn't do anything to ruin his daughters day, and he assured me he wouldn't.

Right after I spoke to him, his daughter, the bride called me. I told her I didn't want to butt into her business but that I talked to her dad and not to worry he isn't planning on causing a scene or any trouble. She was so relieved!!!  he will not ruin her day. She was very grateful. I told her I would run interference and try to keep things calm, light and fun. My husband is a great guy so we should be able to keep the father calm. I hope.

He has a bad history of anger problems, he is bipolar, but on medication now, so I hope that will help, but with him, one just never knows.

I'll give an update after the wedding next weekend.  I'm doing none of this for my ex. who is basically a douche bag.

I am doing it for his daughter so she can have a stress free wedding day. I asked her if this was the only drama she had to worry about and she said yes, (with 7 bridesmaids no less)!!! 

Re: My Ex is being an A$$, UPDATE!

• Options
    Marrin713Marrin713 member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    Will he be walking her down the aisle after all?  Wow!  I am just imagining my xBig D (not Kelly's Big D) and my current H all ensconced together at a function.  I suppose when son Dan gets married we'll have to play nice.  So good of you Alpha........you are way nicer than I am.  But I suppose I'd do the same to keep the peace and to make the day nice for someone I love.

Where you been anyway?
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    No Marrin he's not walking her. He mother is walking her. The whole explaination is in my first post on page 2. It's to long to retype.

Yes, we are all going to play nice. I never had a problem with his first ex wife. she was always very gracious to us and invited us to all of the girl's birthday parties when they were little and treated me and our son very nicely.  I was the girls step mother for a short time, and we all got along for their sake, which is the way it should be.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    You are a good step mom, alpha.  Let's hope her Dad can behave.  ~Donna
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Yikes!  Good luck, Alpha; you're s good woman to do that for her.  Sounds like an ex you could happily leave in the past...kudos to you for dealing with him for her sake.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Frankly, I'm not looking forward to this wedding. Yes, I could leave him in the past, but we have a son together, so I'm stuck with him.

Since I've remarried, he's found another woman and I feel so sorry for her. They were engaged after a short time of living together. I hope she sees the light before they get married.  Now he has someone else to harras.
  • Options
    ski2playski2play member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Alpha, you are indeed a good person.  Your current husband is also a dear person.  The world needs more level headed people like you!  Try to enjoy the day.
  • Options
    MikesAngieMikesAngie member
    Name Dropper 5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thank you for the update Alpha and what a wonderful "Step-mom" you are for taking on the responsibility of managing the daughter's dad, and making her brother attend and participate in the wedding.  You and your hubby are very good people. 

I hope that things stay nice and calm and that the Ex plays nice and remembers to take his meds. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards