Snarky Brides

It's Tuesday

Or as my coworker and I like to call it- Second Monday.

How are you all doing today?

I have a meeting today I'm not looking forward to :(  I'm going to have to flip out on people and that's never fun for me.
kd.joseph's wish is my command
Just call me "Brothel"
And betrothed, I'm disgusted with most of the comments that you have posted. I don't think I've ever read such judgmental comments in my life. I'm so lucky that the girls I speak to on theknot are nothing like you...I would've never come on here for ADVICE if I would've encountered a big a bitch as you. I genuinely feel awful for your children or your future children, and I think it would be irresponsible of YOU not to invest in their future therapy sessions starting now. Because trust me when I tell you honey, they're gonna need it. ~jcaruncho2010
my read shelf:
Betrothed 123's book recommendations, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)

Re: It's Tuesday

• I'm coming up to your area today B. But not for a fun vacation :(
  • You would hate our meetings then. No one knows what the other is doing between departments. It's always a clusterfvck because people are never on the same page, and things are constantly changing so it's just a mess. I just try to keep my head down and avoid the drama.

I did enjoy Iron Man 2. I like the first one better, but I love the Tony Stark character. He's such an ass, but he's hilarious. And I loved Mickey Rourke in that role. Boarwalk Empire is good, but H is definitely more into it than I am. I watch it for Steve Bushemi. It's starting to pick up now though, I found the first 2 episodes kind of dull (but then again, I was coming off a season of True Blood, so it's to be expected).
  • Good Morning, Ladies!  Yep, Tuesday.  3rd quarter close; not a fun time for accountants.  At least I went to bed at 8 last night.  Have a great day, everyone.
    imageFollow Me on Pinterest
  • hey!

I don't know if I have anything to say about my day but I just saw someone post on someone else's facebook (a friend of a friend) and they had one account for the couple. As in MaryandJohn Smith.

PEOPLE DO THIS? Why?  I am taking my FI's name but there is no way he can take my FB identity. That is one step to far. 

Rant over...hope you all have awesome days...
  • Mara- How long are you in the area?

Ses- Our meetings are the same way.  That's one of the biggest reasons they drive me nuts.

Les- I'll join you in your pain.  I have so much to do and so little time to get it all done.
    Just call me "Brothel"
    And betrothed, I'm disgusted with most of the comments that you have posted. I don't think I've ever read such judgmental comments in my life. I'm so lucky that the girls I speak to on theknot are nothing like you...I would've never come on here for ADVICE if I would've encountered a big a bitch as you. I genuinely feel awful for your children or your future children, and I think it would be irresponsible of YOU not to invest in their future therapy sessions starting now. Because trust me when I tell you honey, they're gonna need it. ~jcaruncho2010
    my read shelf:
    Betrothed 123's book recommendations, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • Good Morning!

B- I like calling it Second Monday. All day yesterday I thought it was Tuesday,and kept thinking today was going to be Wednesday, so now I'm really screwed up.

Have to get some thing done this week, number 1 being taking my car in so the other insurance company can get an estimate, and start this repair process. What fun.

And today we start our mass mailing to tenants for 09 tax billings, thats always a joy.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • B- We'll probably get there tonight around midnight and we leave Thursday afternoon. H's grandma passed away, so we're going up for her funeral. But we are staying Rochester. I can't deal with his family for that long, which is why we aren't staying with them.
  • I'm sorry about your H's grandma :(  It doesn't sound like you'll have much free time, but if you need to get away for a little bit let me know.
    Just call me "Brothel"
    my read shelf:
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_its-tuesday?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:7216fd98-3c22-4a4e-bf15-dbc6e08e68e7Post:45df2aaa-7008-4d4a-96f7-00f2550dc057">Re: It's Tuesday</a>:
    [QUOTE]B- We'll probably get there tonight around midnight and we leave Thursday afternoon. H's grandma passed away, so we're going up for her funeral. But we are staying Rochester. I can't deal with his family for that long, which is why we aren't staying with them.
    Posted by maratea[/QUOTE]

Sorry about H's grandma Mara. My condolences.
  • Morning.  Sorry about H's grandma mara.

We've got some people in the office today that are from my groups equivalent from our office near Chicago, so we're taking them out to lunch.  Yay for free lunch.

My H hit his finger with a hammer last night.  He may lose his finger nail.  Yay for renos.
    We'll just not tell H about this little fact, m'kay?
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • pirategal03pirategal03 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited October 2010
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_its-tuesday?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:7216fd98-3c22-4a4e-bf15-dbc6e08e68e7Post:bda29249-113d-4046-96f6-a15557e1f0bb">Re: It's Tuesday</a>:
    [QUOTE]Pirate--are you heading out tomorrow for the wedding, or will you still be on TK before Saturday? If you'll be gone, then good luck and have a fantastic day! Try not to worry or stress out, it will all be perfect no matter what.
    Posted by Seshat411[/QUOTE]

Thanks, Sesh :) I'll probably be around a little bit over the next couple days.  I won't be working, but I'll try to escape the chaos of my family and chat with you ladies (and Vegas) some :)
  • Jeez. Sounds like Second Monday SUCKS.

Mara, really sorry for your loss. It seems like I remember you talking about her being sick. I'll be thinking about you <3

Raynes, that sucks! Reno injuries are the worst ever. My H just threw out his back and had to take yesterday off work.

B, if you watch Dexter, I think we need to start a Dexter thread every week. I just ordered Showtime JUST for Dexter.

I'm happy this morning because my puppy lasted the entire night without bathroom breaks or whining! Yay puppy! Look how good he is:
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic BabyFruit Ticker
  • We really should, MILF, but I often don't catch it when it's on.  I usually watch it On Demand the next day.

Alright, off to my meeting.
    Just call me "Brothel"
    my read shelf:
  • No! We cant have a Dexter thread, we had to start over. So we just finished season 1 and it will be awhile for season 2. I feel so behind!

B-good luck.
  • edited October 2010
    Pirate--When are they coming in? H's dad came in a week before and was a major help just by cooking and bringing decorations out to the cabin. But I couldn't have handled any more than that.

The day before there were like 30 of us decorating the cabin and I thought I was going to lose my mind. Everyone kept asking me what to do (H escaped by going to mow) and I felt weird bossing them all around.
  • No Dexter thread.  No no no.  We're only a few episodes into Seasoon 4 and I REFUSE to have it spoiled.  I think I've already seen a bit too much about the end of this season.  Boo on you people!!! (but I love you).
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_its-tuesday?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:7216fd98-3c22-4a4e-bf15-dbc6e08e68e7Post:f1a14594-aa2c-4b87-8eb8-bd61b588695e">Re: It's Tuesday</a>:
    [QUOTE]Pirate--When are they coming in? H's dad came in a week before and was a major help just by cooking and bringing decorations out to the cabin. But I couldn't have handled any more than that. The day before there were like 30 of us decorating the cabin and I thought I was going to lose my mind. Everyone kept asking me what to do (H escaped by going to mow) and I felt weird bossing them all around.
    Posted by Seshat411[/QUOTE]

The wedding is in my hometown 1.5 hours from here, so I'm going there, actually.  My whole family lives there except for us.  This is the first wedding in my family in 15 years.  They're a little bit excited.

I'm the oldest of my generation on my mom's side (by 9 years) and the only one of my generation on my dad's side, and the only one who has moved away.  I feel like the prodigal son returning every time I go home to visit.  It's nice, but overwhelming.  My parents house is within sight of my aunt and uncles houses, so it's not even like I can sneak in, they see my car and come on over. 
  • I think I'm going to start one and just specify that Raynes and KD are not invited. My mind is BLOWN, people.
  • Fine, fine fine!!!  Do what you want. 

Actually jcb, your logic is spot on.  Make you damned Dexter thread, I'll read them when I'm caught up.  Jerks. 

Kisses!
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_its-tuesday?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:7216fd98-3c22-4a4e-bf15-dbc6e08e68e7Post:6277f1ed-24f1-4547-b2f3-6338741e9b04">Re: It's Tuesday</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: It's Tuesday :  I feel like the prodigal son returning every time I go home to visit.  It's nice, but overwhelming.  My parents house is within sight of my aunt and uncles houses, so it's not even like I can sneak in, they see my car and come on over. 
    Posted by pirategal03[/QUOTE]

I know what you mean. My mom, uncle, and grandparents live on the same street right next to each other (they're the only houses on the trail), so it's impossible to go home without having to make the rounds.
  • I can't pull the trigger NOW. I did post an awesome Youtube video though.
  • Good Morning!!

Today is a small continuation of yesterday. I have a class that I still need to test and get grades ready for progress reports. Yippee! not.....  We have a meeting today with our hotel coordinator to get the floor plans and to make another dreadful deposit. 

I finally got a chance to open the rest of my shower cards last night, and saw that I got off like a fat cat with the CASH!! A-shopping I will go. I want some more work clothes. I am determined to spend that money on me and not this wedding!! LOL!! One of my hostestess is MIA. That has me a little worried but if I have to go with 2 then that is fine.

My thank yous are done too. I am now just waiting for the stamps to come that I ordered. Check!
    And the whole time, my future husband was in the room...... image image
  • Good morning ladies.

Sorry to hear about your H's grandma mara :(

Hope everyone else has an A-okay second Monday.  I have a bunch of crap for work today - which I will admit, is better than having not much to do.  At 9am this morning I had an interview with one of Minnesota's governor candidates, and at 10am I'm going to a press conference for another political candidate in a North Dakota race.  Ah, to live on the border.  Exciting.  Is the election over yet?

panther
  • My Tuesday is definitely a 2nd Monday.  Hope everyone has a great day otherwise!
    Anniversary
  • Good Morning!

No big plans or going-ons today.  Well, no more than what y'all know about already.

Tuesday=bathroom cleaning day... yay!  I think I might do the living room and kitchen floors today.  Then  I will have extra time tomorrow to bake something.  I'm craving cake.
  • Anna - I suggest Better than Sex cake :)
    panther
  • Sorry to hear about your H's grandma, Mara.  My T&P are with you, and hope you have a safe trip.

Pirate, if I miss you in the next couple of days, I hope your wedding is wonderful! and JennyLove, I think yours is coming up too, if so, I hope your day is wonderful as well. 

Today is a yuck day for me, I've been getting killed at work...my boss just gave me my budget for the month, and I'm approved for 100 hrs OT in October.  The extra cash will be nice right before the holidays start, but dang :(

On a happier note, since the shiit has been hitting the fan, they've sent some of our government contacts out.  One of the guys is a total dream boat, so since I'm stuck in meetings with these people, at least I've got something nice to look at.  Who doesn't love a good looking man in a uniform :)
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_its-tuesday?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:7216fd98-3c22-4a4e-bf15-dbc6e08e68e7Post:65ba3f90-f074-4437-8d30-4ce85d169524">Re: It's Tuesday</a>:
    [QUOTE]Anna, here's another cake recipe to try sometime.  If you like the Little Debbie Swiss Rolls, this cake is just like it.  It has the cake part, the creamy part, and the hard chocolate icing, but as a cake, not a roll.  I'm typing it fast, so this isn't all neat and pretty, but in the order that you have to make it :)   2 T cornstarch 1 C milk   Cook until thick, stirring continually.  Cover and cool.   M ix a box   chocolate cake as directed.  Bake in a 10 1/2 by 15 1/2 inch pan at 350 degrees for 15 - 20 minutes. ( Don't fill the pan too high, or when you pour on the chocolate icing it will over flow)   After cake is done, cream:   1/2 T vanilla 1/2 C sugar 1/2 C Crisco 1/2 stick margarine   Add cornstarch mixture.  Beat well (until fluffy).  Spread on warm cake.  Cool completely. (you can double this if you want a thick layer of the creamy part)   Icing 1 stick margarine 3 C powdered sugar 1 tsp vanilla 6 T cocoa 1 egg 2 1/2 T hot water   Melt margarine and cocoa.  Mix well.  Add rest of ingredients and beat well.  Mixture will be runny.  Pour icing over cake.. ETA, the icing will firm up in about 15 mins in the fridge. If you don't have this size pan, you can do it in a 13X9 just follow the cooking time for the cake on the box, It will be thicker, but still good :)
    Posted by dmiller9274[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the recipe!  Looks yummy!
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_its-tuesday?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:7216fd98-3c22-4a4e-bf15-dbc6e08e68e7Post:ffba6f95-bf5a-42c7-b4cf-7d2f20e95c44">Re: It's Tuesday</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: It's Tuesday : Say what?
    Posted by MarriedInAFever[/QUOTE]

Yep, they actually played season 1 on prime time after Desperate Housewives at 10pm. But after the first year, they did the old bait and switch. And I wasnt getting Showtime just for one show.
  • That's funny.

DMiller, that cake sounds super good.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards