Luxury Weddings

Have you any checks to share?

I don't, not really... but I have the potential for checks :)

We narrowed down our possible photographers to two great choices, and I guess ultimately it will come down to whichever is the cheapest to fly to Italy.

Then I found a great team of planners/stylers on site! I'm so happy about this, I was actually stressing a bit over having to pay for yet another crew's travel expenses. These planners were recommended by one of the photographers and from what I can see online they are great! They promptly emailed me their portfolio, pricelist and whatnot so now I'm having fun completing questionnaires and envisioning the whole thing. 

This is all still daydreaming basically, without being able to pay personal visits, but definitely exciting so I thought I'd share :)

What about your progress, ladies? Looking forward to living vicariously through your fabulous checks!

edited for typos

Re: Have you any checks to share?

• Hmm over the last week we:
    - Mailed out invites
    - Finished half the bird seed packets for the ceremony
    - Booked the tasting
    - Booked a meeting with our Pastor to finalize our ceremony
    - Changed our DJ (long story, but for the better)
    - Received our cake topper in the mail
    - Bought and received the PERFECT gift for my mother
    - Found jewellery for my RD outfit
  • I have gotten everything done except for my beauty regimine! I need to go this weekend and buy all new makeup and then I have a few appts set up to get my hair in good shape and have my mani/pedi, facial, etc. I only have 32 days left so it's a good thing my checklist is almost done!

• Very nice! You ladies are both very close, congrats!
  • edited July 2012
    In the past week:
    - we have finalized and submitted our ceremony
    - gotten it down to only three wedding party/FOB who needs to be measured for their tux
    - decided on the favors, now just to finalize them.

tomorrow (WED) is the day FI and I have been looking foward too, I have esentially planned the whole wedding with my own personal vision, FI only wanted to pick out his tux and be in charge of the Honey moon. Well he surprised me and took off of work tomorrow so that he can come to all my appointments at our venue and the surrounding area (somewhat destination, 1 and 1/2 hour away). So tomorrow we are....

- having our cake tasting
    - seeing a mock up of our centerpiece, with the full table set, at the venue (I think I;m most excited about that one!)
    - Choosing a breakfast caterer for the day after
    - finalizing the rehersal dinner plans
    - I'm having my makeup trial.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • This week we've just been tying up some loose ends.
    • Paid for the honeymoon
    • Finalized our event order- food and layout details
    • Started working on the seating plan- major PITA just FYI
    • Scheduled my final fitting for next week
    • Found my wedding earrings
    • Bought another new veil- still can't if I want a blusher so I have one with and one without
    • Handed all the info off to have our programs, menus, and place cards made.

Now if we can just get our first dance down without FI stepping on my toes we'll be all set!

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • After this weekend, I only have my hair/nail/face appt left! YAY!!! I bought all of my makeup this weekend and did a practice run. I'll probably do another one this weekend. I also tried my dress on again just to make sure it still fits. I actually lost a few pounds since my last fitting in June, so I wanted to make sure it wasn't too loose!

• Jells- Congrats on the weight loss. I too was pleasantly surprised when I tried on my dress today. I guess there's 1 positive to planning stress ;)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards