Ohio-Northeast

PLEASE, HELP ME!!! We are having a VERY difficult time!

So we are looking to have an outdoor wedding and reception in a garden, park, winery, type place! We also want to be able to bring our own food! We have been looking for the past month almost everyday and can't find anything. We are on a budget and really want an outdoor wedding and reception. We live in Elyria, OH and are looking to have it some place around here like: Avon, Sheffield, Storngville, Westlake, Medina, anything within a half hour of Elyria! PLEASE Help us out! I don't want to have to settle with an indoor reception because we couldnt find anything! Thanks for your time! =]
Future Mrs. Justice Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: PLEASE, HELP ME!!! We are having a VERY difficult time!

• July2012brideJuly2012bride member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm an east-side gal so I'm not really familiar with your area specifically, but what about Tom's Country Place?  It's in Avon (don't know how far that is from your reception site) the premises look pretty nice.  I don't know how expensive they are, but I would imagine they probably are pretty reasonable. 

I don't know much about it or if you can bring your own food, but it might be good to look into pricing.  It looks like they do their own catering but might be able to do something in your budget.  

Also, there's a place in Lorain called Deluca's place in the park that has a HUGE gazebo/pavilion and some nice grounds (at least from the pictures).  Again, I don't know pricing or the food situation.

Finally, I know this is probably WAY too far away, but there is Holden Arboretum (I think it's in Kirtland on the east-side).  I looked at them but the space was a little too small for my wedding.  Depending on the size of your wedding and the space you would like to rent, their fees range from $400-600 for a ceremony-only option.  (this is the lowest price I have found so far for "ceremony-only" rental)

Good luck!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • JKohioJKohio member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    How many guests do you expect? That will probably help narrow down your choices a bit. Also, know that you don't always save money by having an outdoor affair. Sometimes, it actually costs more, once you add up all the pieces you'll need  -- things like tent (or having an indoor backup plan in case of rain), rest room (or portapotty) availability, dance floor, plus all the usual items needed by the caterer that sometimes are not supplied by the caterer. Check with whomever is doing your catering as to what they provide. For a park type setting, you may also need to look into alcohol permits and policies (if serving alcohol), whether security is required, parking availability, etc.

Just for comparison's sake, you may want to check out some all-inclusive places, too. Perhaps you can make one of those work if you, say, only serve apps or desserts/coffee instead of a full dinner (apps or desserts would NOT be during a dinner hour though, or guests will be confused).

Anyway, some outdoor locations to look into:
    Cleveland Metroparks Chalet, Strongsville
    Royalview Picnic area in N. Royalton (part of the Metroparks)
    There are other pavilions in the Metroparks available for rent. You can serve beer and wine (no liquor) but only if you have a special permit from them.

Puskas Outdoor Party Center in Lorain (I'm not sure of the setup offhand, but maybe give a call)

St. Clarence Pavilion in N. Olmsted has retractable window/doors to open up your indoor reception to the outdoors.

The Terrace at Big Met (Fairview Park I think) is an indoor space with doors/windows that open to a patio for an indoor/outdoor setting. It's for smaller weddings though. And, Ahern catering is the company handling food.

Good luck!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • TJ0819TJ0819 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We are looking to have 100-125 people.
    I was looking to have an outdoor ceremony and an indoor reception but my fiancee really wants it all outside! And the cater is actually a friend of my sisters who use to be a chef in ohio and she said that she will take care of anything the cater might need so luckily shes been through a wedding before and has worked them as well so she said i didnt have to worry(thank goodness)
    Everything else I know will probably be a little costly or even the same as what an indoor place is but we are saving A LOT in other areas like the DJ, Cake, and Cater(food) so I figure that will help when it comes to the little things that we will need for an outdoor wedding.
    I know Tom's doesnt allow outside food...which was unfortunate because we really liked that place. And I want to look into Delucas. I know I don't want it indoors there because I don't like the look of it but I don't know what the outside looks like so that could be promising! Thanks so much, any other suggestions let me know.
    Future Mrs. Justice Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Not sure when the wedding is since this is an old post...but I just seen pics of Rosie's place that is on lake erie. I think it is associated with Deluca's since it is on their website...but it looked nice inside.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards