Jewish Weddings

Chuppah help!

Our Chuppah is a white fabric decorated one, from our florist ( photo below), but we still want to use my fiance's family chuppah cover, it is just a shear square made out of his mother's bridal gown.
Would it be ok to just drape it on top of the florist's chuppah?

Thanks for any opinions/help! :)

nikiplanning.weebly.com

Re: Chuppah help!

• LBRM_NJLBRM_NJ member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Can you ask your florist if the top draping can be left off?  I imagine they are all separate pieces that they put together.  Then, your FI's family cover will have a more dramatic impact.  If not, then, yep, I'd probably drape it over the top, but, in a way that, depending on the size, it hangs off the front a little so it shows.  Having a family chuppah cover is really special!
    Lisa
    The Knot lost my info, but, I've been married since 6/19/05!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker My Blog - "Helping Make Sense"
  • edited December 2011
    you may want to consider basting it to the bottom side of the florist's chuppah so it's visible from under the chuppah.  it'll also be more visible to your guests this way, as the top-side won't be particularly visible.

for our chuppah we basted (loosely sewed) both of our tallitot to the bottom of a white cloth frame.  it worked beautifully, and we loved looking up and seeing our own talesim above us.

good luck!

v
  • edited December 2011
    thanks for the great ideas! I didnt think about having under the plain so we can see it the whole time, :) I love using the family heirloom and really want it to be enjoyed too!
    nikiplanning.weebly.com
  • Jami86eJami86e member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    niki, which flortist are you using?
    Visit Jewish.weddings.com Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Jami, we went with Town & Country Gardens, http://www.eventsbytcg.com/

We met with a few others, but I loved their creativity, and reasonable costs, they actually even had alot of the flowers in their greenhouse to show me their ideas at our consultation
    nikiplanning.weebly.com
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards