Rhode Island

Open bar at Oceancliff

Hi ladies.

Hoping to get some input. We are having our wedding on June 12 at 1130am-5pm at oceancliff. We cant decide if will make out better if we did open bar at a fixed rate of 38 per person or if we did based on consumption? what did other people do? any suggestions

Re: Open bar at Oceancliff

• edited December 2011
    I am having my wedding at the Regatta and I am having an open beer, wine, and liquor cocktail hour and open beer and wine for the reception with cash cocktails.  The open cocktail hour is costing much less per person and the reception will be based on consumption. 
  • edited December 2011
    Since you are having a day wedding, people drink a little less then they would at night.  I'd go with the by consumption.
  • edited December 2011
    I would assume that for a day time wedding it would make more sense to do consumption, but as was explained to us at the Biltmore, it really is determined by your guests - how old they are, how much they drink.  It does sound high to me though.

Good luck!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • edited December 2011
    I agree, by consumption! It's a day wedding, people will drink much less!
  • edited December 2011
    The fact that it is during the day I would probably go with consumption but if you feel like you might be inviting a lot of heavy drinkers you might want to reconsider. I will say that I heard from my caterer that oceancliff in the past has taken advantage of brides with the whole consumption thing so you might want to keep that in mind as well. My thought is that even if they do over charge a little for the consumption it might still work out better that way since it is a day time wedding.
  • wendyk33wendyk33 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks Ladies that is what i think i'm going to do based on Consumption
  • Chrissymm1976Chrissymm1976 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    thats odd.. I'm getting married at Oceancliff and was only offered by consumption..
    hmm
  • edited December 2011
    We are getting married in July at Oceancliff and decided to have open bar based on consumption.
  • edited December 2011
    I'm getting married this month at OC, also a day wedding, and we are doing open bar by consumption.  They told us to estimate $20-25 per person for a daytime wedding, $30 per person for an evening wedding.  $38 seems high for a day time wedding.  We weren't offered a flat rate, so I guess that's a new thing.  Also consider whether you have a lot of light or heavy drinkers in your guest group.
  • nyrinyri member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We got married at the OceanCliff and few months ago -- and weren't offered a flat rate either. We were worried about how high the bill would be (we had a good amount of drinkers) and everyone was an out of town guest. We estimated $35 per person and I think the balance owed at the end of the night was about $200.
  • Chrissymm1976Chrissymm1976 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

Do you mean $200 addional to the $35 per head?
    how many pple did you have at you wedding?

thanks!

• nyrinyri member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Yes, we paid the balance beforehand based on the $35 per person estimate and we owed them another $200 at the end of the night. We had around 180 people so still cheaper than $38.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards