Wedding Vows & Ceremony Discussions

Bad Luck?

I was told it is bad luck for the bride to rehearse at the rehearsal for the wedding.  Someone should stand in for her?  Is this true?  I have never heard of this until yesterday.

image213 Invited
image150 Wouldn't Miss it for the World image39 Will Celebrate From Afar
RSVP Date: July 20, 2012 Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Bad Luck?

• pgcppgcp member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    While I have heard that before, I don't believe in luck so I wouldn't worry about it.
  • IMVHO, the days of a "Sit there and look pretty" "rather seen and not heard" type of bride are for the most part, long gone.  I do NOT plan to have someone stand in my place at the rehearsal for a few reasons.... 1.  I'm the one that planned everything- I know how I want things done and I don't want it to go wrong or feel bad for peeping up and saying something.  2.  I know my FI will be nervous (he hates being at the center of attention), so having someone stand in my place won't help ease his nerves. 

• Ive never heard of that, but I agree with previous poster, I think that would be silly. I definitely want to be involved in the rehearsal of it all!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Until seeing it here, I'd forgot about this "tradition."  The last couple of rehearsals I've been to the bride has rehearsed.
  • naomikbnaomikb member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited April 2012
    I have never heard of that... I definitely was involved in the rehearsal because I wanted to use that time to tell people what I wanted and what I expected and what I envisioned in my head.

There's no luck in marriage.  Only hard work.
  • Oh my!  This and the all black tux?  You have a lot of crazy stuff going on.  Go to your rehearsal.  Have a great time!
  • A lot of southern and African American brides believe this.  They go to the rehearsal they just don't walk down the aisle. They use a stand in.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_ceremony-ideas_bad-luck?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:10Discussion:e351ae93-61ff-429a-9ad3-b1a07af4b7e4Post:5382cb9a-c6b9-4cb4-9cf7-f25e6744cc75">Re: Bad Luck?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Oh my!  This and the all black tux?  You have a lot of crazy stuff going on.  Go to your rehearsal.  Have a great time!
    Posted by Lisa50[/QUOTE]

Lol well of course I am going, but the MOG told me I couldn't rehearse, which I am...I have not planned all this crap out not to be in the rehearsal...plus that would make me even more nervous.

image213 Invited
    image150 Wouldn't Miss it for the World image39 Will Celebrate From Afar
    RSVP Date: July 20, 2012 Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I don't think it is really a matter of luck, the reasona  bride has a stad in at the rehearsal is so that she can help coordinate nad see how everything looks from the guest perspective, it is hard to do this when you are in the bask of the procesion and in front of the altar.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards