Chit Chat
Options

fall colors, HELP!!!

My fiance and I were just engaged this past weekend and I am already overwhelmed. We are planning for a late September possibly October wedding but are not big fans of the colors (red, orange, yellow). I do like a chocolate brown color though! I would love an outdoor wedding if i can find a prefect venue. His favorite color is blue and mine is purple so I would love to combine the colors to a really dark romantic feel but am not sure how that will be for a fall wedding. I need ideas please =) I dont even know how many colors people usually have. lol! This is all so new to me. any help would be great! Please share you colors as well =)

Re: fall colors, HELP!!!

• Options
    I know I have all kinds of time. I think I came off a little bit more antsy than I really am. I would just really love to have the basics figured out so I can start shopping around =) Im a bargain hunter so things usually take me a little longer to find a good deal or make something myself. What colors are you having?
  • Options
    first off, congrats on the engagement! :)

second, yes blue and purple go together. and it would be VERY appropriate for a fall wedding, if thats what worries you. i agree with PP colors arent set for a certain season. if you wanted to do a hot pink and bright yellow color scheme in the fall, then you have the right to do that! you dont have to conform to any season or holiday.

third, start off with other priorites first. start looking at venues and decide what you are going for. also, determine a budget. once you have those 2 things set, things will fall into place.

TheKnot photo galleries are awesome to get you started, and figure out what you like. You already know what you dont, so see what you do and go from there.
  • Options

I'm doing pink and green (and ivory) because they are my favorites, and always have been. My FI is a golf pro, and is very preppy, so he was ALL for it :) And we choose April because it was the best time for us.

• Options
    guess i'll thread-jack also.

yes are we are. well first, all the GM are golf pros also, they all went to PGM business school together. so i guess that counts :)

his grooms cake will probably be golf themed.

my parents own a country club (yep......coincidence) and we are having a cocktail hour at the country club. but we are having the reception at a different venue because eventually you get sick of being there all the time, when you work there AND your parents have owned the whole thing for 11 years.

also, we are doing personalized golf tees as (part of) the favors.
  • Options
    I agree with everyone...Your colors are beautiful and fun.  Who cares if it's the fall?  My colors are light teal and chocolate and I'm getting married in April.  Pick what you love.

My advice to start planning...figure out what's important to you.  Venue? Photography? Catering?  Wedding Planner (Day of, month of)?  and enjoy looking.

Also, men aren't always the most interested, but they love the food part!  Don't forget to enjoy the process and remeber that the wedding is about the two of you and not the centerpeices.  You'll have nightmares and stay up late, but ask yourself "Do I remember the last wedding I went to and what thei centerpeices look like?  Or do I remember how in love they were?"

Good luck and congratulations!
  • Options
    I'm having an October wedding (15th/2011) And it's outside on the beach, and our colors are dark red, ivory and black hints..
    I HATE the orange and browns that are associated with fall, and I thought I'd have to conform to them too, but thankfully everyone on here assured me that it's MY wedding, and I should do what I want! :)

I'm newly engaged too, and I thought I'd have to find everything ASAP.. but I'm taking my time and enjoying my engagement. Everything will start to fall into place when you have some vendors booked :)

I think purple and blue would be really nice! They're awesome colors, and you can go along way with them!

You should check out weddingstar.com (.ca?) It's awesome, and you'll definitely find everything you need [except that dress!!].

Happy planning!!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker image

Created by MyFitnessPal - Nutrition Facts For Foods

• Options
    I Love that color purple. I didnt know that was what it is called but that is exactly what I was thinknig b/c it will go very well with his favorite color blue (any shade). I think I will do a dark deep blue though. I just hope it doesn't make everything too dark!

I am a planner "herecomesthebride." I can't help it. I sleep better at night knowing that things are being taken care of. More I take careofnow the less I have to worry about the closer the date gets. Im not stressing myself out. Im not that bad, lol! I just really enjoy being creative and seeing what fun things I can come up with. I will most definately still enjoy our enegement. That is a very important factor for both of us. We have been together over  8 years so theres obviously no rush. haha =)
  • Options
    Go into Home Depot/Lowes/Menards and pick out the colors you like in paint swatches.  Grab a few to distribute to vendors, bridesmaids, and family members who want to coordinate their clothes. 

Start gathering photos for inspiration and book a venue.  DJ's and photographers also book fast, so start looking for those as well.  Your local board should have some great recommendations.
    Photobucket
  • Options
    I think blue and purple, maybe with hints of chocolate, would be beautiful. Purple is my favorite too.
    my read shelf:
    Meredith's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
    40/112

Photobucket
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_chit-chat_fall-colors?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:14Discussion:78886419-e6c3-41dd-ae66-9e1f2ee8a2f7Post:4005bc56-dbf7-45d8-8795-60c236a06c18">Re: fall colors, HELP!!!</a>:
    [QUOTE]The paint swatches is a great idea! We are planning on a long engagement. not unitil 2012 so I still have a little bit of time I think. I just seen that your from Chicago =) I absolutely love it there! I will probably have to have a seperate photgrapher for our shoot at the fountain, any suggestions for people around there that are reaonably priced? We are paying for the wedding ourselves so we dont have a lot of money to spend!
    Posted by Style2012[/QUOTE]

<div>I would hit up the Chicago local board.  I didn't move to Chi town until after the wedding, so unfortunately, I'm not familiar with any vendors here. Sorry :(</div>
    Photobucket
  • Options

yes, 2012 is far away. you have PLENTY of time :) for now enjoy your engagement and start looking at photos! please dont stress too much

• Options
    omg  I hope u like I want to do a GRAY not really sliver but gray like the fall sky and the a SEA-FOAM GREEN or MINT color with the gray................now i also like GRAY and PERIWINKLE.   OK I hope that helps Those will be the colors I am useing the only hard part i thing will be the brides maid dress. I have been engaged seances the summer and want to do a fall wedding in 2011 but with all this crazy ness i pushed it back to 2012 Im now this year I am pick when the leaves look ther greats I live in MaryLAnd and I have took notice of how baltimore city leaves change slower then the ones in the norther counties. Also I Hope Like the colors and If u have any um questions fell free 
    ~NICKY~
  • Options
    Yes I think grey is a great fall color as well. Thinkning of having 3 colord; Dark Dark blue, eggplant purple and a greyish. I actually heard grey is really popular right now. I also seen a picture of bridemaids in grey dresses and it looked beautiful. You could even have them tie an empire waist type things in the color you chose to give them some pop. I think that will be beautiful no matter what color you chose! If my FIANCE (so weird saying that after 8 1/2 years, lol) wasn't sooo obsessed with blue I would definately go with periwinkle =)
  • Options
    I thought with a fall wedding that I'd have to use fall colors. But you can do whatever you'd like. I'm going with Windsor Navy dresses & yellow flowers.
  • Options
    YES I KNOW! I was so worried about having to use fall colors b/c I am not a fan at all! We are just going to do what we love and think will show off who we are the best.=)
  • Options
    I am a fall bride, and my colors are somewhat fall, but only because i love them!!! dark red dark brown with a bronze accent. even if i got married in spring it would have been those, i think it gives a romantic elegant feel. Good luck!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards