New York
Options

Another check!!

Our rings came back from being engraved (actually, apparently they came back at the beginning of the month, but Kay jewelers forgot to call us... grr...).  anyway... we picked them up last night! 
Not super thrilled with the engraving, I thought it would look nicer and be easier to read, but there was very little space on my rings for them to actually engrave, so you get what you get I guess.  Oh well... just happy to have them back.

His band- "Anything"   (5-28-2011 on the other side)
My e-ring-  "To make"
My band-  "You smile"

awww..... his idea!!!  Love the message and it is something that we will know is special to us whether it is easily readable or not.  Tongue out

Funny thing, when we went to pick them up, I forgot to bring the ring boxes.  I didn't want to just stuff them in my purse or his pocket, so we wore them until we got home (don't know if that is bad luck or would piss the wedding Gods off... lol)....
The whole time we walked around the mall (all of 30 minutes probably b/c I had to get to school) and the whole drive home, I just kept looking at the rings on our fingers and giggling like a little school girl.  I gave me butterflies to see that ring on his hand... and made me super happy to see the extra bling on mine.

I CAN'T WAIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   Laughing
Miss Mrs. New & Improved Blog Chart
Online Garage Sale
Daisypath Anniversary tickers
monica & kevin married 5.28.11
bfp 8.11.11 - m/c 8.17.11
bfp 11.11.11 - edd 7.25.12
Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Re: Another check!!

• Options
    edited December 2011
    2 of our friends that got married this summer got their names tatooed on each other's ring finger.  I thought it was a neat idea.
    You might need to shorten that just a bit though, because they might not be able to fit it all... when my friend got her hubby's name, it ended up being larger than she though, b/c it bled into her skin and ended up kind of fuzzy, I guess and actually sticks out underneath her ring (and her bands are quite large...)
    Anyway, I think it's a cool idea.  Can't wait to see pics of that!!
    Online Garage Sale
  • Options
    sbolger17sbolger17 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Yay!  That is so exciting!! 

We're going to go ring shopping some time in the next few months, but I remember when we looked at engagement rings, one salesperson had me try on wedding rings to see what the "final package" would look like.  It was so fun!  Can't wait to get the real one.

And re: engraving, I'm worried about not having a lot of room on my FI's ring; it was his deceased uncle/godfather's so it already has their initials and another wedding date on it so there's not much room for our stuff.  But good to know that they can make an engraving really small!
    Anniversary
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_central-new-york_another-check-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:621Discussion:9f2a732e-2e19-4f5c-9a96-b2f90b7b60b6Post:f1d537bd-665f-45a9-8dd1-d28ba1bc8983">Re: Another check!!</a>:
    [QUOTE] And re: engraving, I'm worried about not having a lot of room on my FI's ring; it was his deceased uncle/godfather's so it already has their initials and another wedding date on it so there's not much room for our stuff.  <strong>But good to know that they can make an engraving really small!
    </strong>Posted by sbolger17[/QUOTE]

Microscopic.  lol

Way cool about his godfather's ring.  I think that is very sweet.
    Online Garage Sale
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Yay! I dont even have my wedding band yet. Leave it to Josh to do everything last minute right? He got his in 3 weeks ago, but nope, taking his sweet time on mine :(

So excited for you!

People are inherently stupid. Weddings make it painfully obvious -- KevinandMonica
  • Options
    mgietler76mgietler76 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Awesome! I don't have mine yet (gasp I know LOL) I LOVE LOVE LOVE your engraving, that is so sweet.

I also like the idea of tattooing the name but I'm afraid of the curse LOL I decided that when we have our first boy I will put JJM on me somewhere because that would be my FI's and my son's initial's (FI is the 4th so our son would be the 5th) That way if fo some unforeseen reason we ever break up I won't have his initials I'll have my son's LOL
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards