Nebraska-Omaha

Men's Wearhouse vs. Gentlemen's Choice?

Does anybody recommend one over the other, or have experience with either of them? We were planning on using Gentlemen's Choice, but I've heard good things about both, so I wanted to hear some opinions before we decide for sure! Thanks ladies!

Re: Men's Wearhouse vs. Gentlemen's Choice?

• ayoung22ayoung22 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We used Men's Warehouse.  They had the closest color vest to match the BMs dresses and DH used them for prom years ago.  I wouldn't say don't use them, I would just warn you to keep tabs on your order.  I have a more elaborate review in my Mrs. bio.
  • teacherlady79teacherlady79 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'd heard a lot of complaints on this board about Men's Wearhouse messing up orders and causing a lot of stress. Plus, DH hates shopping there (the one on 78th & Dodge) because he doesn't like most of the salespeople there.  So, we checked out Gentleman's Choice and ended up going with them.  The gals that work there are really knowledgeable, and they have a decent selection.  They run lots of specials, too.  I was really pleased.
    Photobucket

My food blog:
    www.stringbeansandskinnyjeans.blogspot.com

Started TTC 03/11
    MFI Diagnosis in 02/12
    6 month wait for quarantined DS, 04/12-10/12
    IUI #1 10/25/12, BFP 11/6! Low rising betas, u/s confirmed blighted ovum 11/26. D&C 12/6. And now we wait again...

[url=http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/35f6e0]My Ovulation Chart[/url]
  • edited December 2011
    We used Men's Wearhouse (the one by Westroads) and had a great experience. We got several discounts because I bought my dress at David's Bridal and we had a coupon from a bridal fair. In all, our guys paid $85 for their tuxes and DH and my dad got theirs free. The store manager called us probably 5 times to make sure everything was correct and update us on who had been fitted. The colors matched perfectly with our J. Crew bm dresses. I would definitely recommend giving MWTux a shot, especially if you have discounts.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • jasarahjasarah member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We had a horrible experience at Gentleman's Choice. :(
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • jnesibajnesiba member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We used Gentlemen's Choice...they were actually the first vendor we booked after the church and hall!  I got a great discount on the tuxes...free groom's tux and 79.99 for everyone else's tuxes.  I looked into several tux places.  No one really had the dark purple or dark orange ties we wanted, but Gentlemen's Choice was the closest.  They did have our date wrong...but one of the groomsmen caught it for us!  I called several times to make sure everything was good to go...and everyone was very friendly.  On the wedding day this past Saturday, everyone looked great.  One of the guys had an issue with his shirt, but they fixed it right away.  My dad had a spot on his shirt, but he didn't tell me until 15 minutes beforehand, so we couldn't take it back...but you couldn't see it anyway with his tux jacket on!I looked into MW, and they were friendly too, but they didn't have the colors we wanted and they were more expensive.I think any tux place will have some good stories and bad...Just keep up on the order and good luck!
  • HuskerfanzHuskerfanz member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We used Gentleman's Choice and had a good experience overall.  They used on of the GM's prom measurements instead of the current ones but they got everything fixed right away.  They were the most reasonably priced that I found, too.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    BabyFruit Ticker
    TTC #1 since 08/11 IUI#2 = BFP!
  • tannrachtannrach member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    went to the bridal show on saturday and i know Exclusive Formal wear was offering tuxedo rentals for 79.95.... i have heard really good things about them...
  • edited December 2011
    I did see that offer at Exclusive Formal wear for 79.95 and that was my first choice, but when I went to the bridal show sunday I seen that with MW you can get two tuxs free after so many ordered and we have a big wedding party, so depending on their prices we might go with MW.
    Philip && Tinya 12.11.10
  • tannrachtannrach member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I have checked out the prices everywhere and just watch for those free tuxedo offers...even if Mens Warehouse is offering 2 free tuxedos, their prices are usually much higher than other places... I am still going with Exclusive Formal Wear. they have a large selection and they are so nice to work with...
  • MMFredricksonMMFredrickson member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I had a horrible experience with Gentelmans Choice, I wouldn't recommend them at all. We ended up using Thompcyns Formal wear in the Mall of the Bluffs They are very nice and flexable on pick ups and deliveries, prices were amazing, $60 tuxes Plus one free!
  • edited December 2011
    My best friend used MW, and I will not be using them for mine. The employees were less than helpful and I didn't like the way we were treated. The tuxedos were nice, but they refused to show us the colors before they were ordered so he had to choose out of the magazine, and they would not order samples in or anything. I'm big on being personable, and i felt there was a lot left to be desired here. I will be taking my business elsewhere. They used MW primarily because the Bride's Maid dresses were from David's Bridal and they received a discount. Oh, also, the tuxedos were missing pieces so if you order from here, be sure that your groomsmen bring extra socks/etc...

I'd also expect better service after paying 180.00 per tuxedo.
  • edited December 2011
    FI just got his picked out and sized at MW last week...he was really pleased with them, and he is HARD to please. He went to every tuxedo rental company in the city and chose them, so I'm sure they're fine. He went to the one by Westroads. I went in and saw the colors and met the employees there...they were really friendly with us. 
    "The best thing about loving and being hurt is that you get to know what true love really is. For as gold is tested in fire, and so will love be perfected in pain."
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Planning Bio/Blog

Follow Me on Pinterest
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards