November 2012 Weddings

So excited!

I'm just so excited about my shower on Saturday! It sounds like a lot of people that I love and don't get to see very often are going to be able to make it and I can't wait! Has anyone else had a shower yet? 
Wedding Countdown Ticker
November 2012 October Siggy - The Venue!
imageVilla

Re: So excited!

• I just had mine this past weekend! It was a blast but sooo overwhelming since there were so many family members that I don't see a lot. I wanted to catch up with everyone. By the time I was done opening gifts (we had about 50 people there), I was ready to collapse! But, it was still a great time. Have fun!
  • My bachelorette party is on September 1st and my shower is on September 16th.  I'm excited for both, but I'm a little nervous about my shower.  I don't like being the center of attention!

Enjoy your shower!
    21811_10151174643987291_1046283999_n_zpsddfa358c Anniversary BabyFruit Ticker
  • Just had my bachelorette party this past weekend and my showers are Sept 8 and 15th.

It's all getting so real!
  • We both have large families, so I know my shower is going to be a big one (at least from what I've been told), so I'm a little nervous for all that attention, but I really think it'll be a blast. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    imageVilla
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_november-2012-weddings_so-excited?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:46c2f53c-680c-4532-aa96-4cca92890b59Discussion:3e2d4765-22ba-4077-add3-465b992d6c5fPost:1ef6bf1f-0c3b-4232-bbdc-2c835c822bbc">Re: So excited!</a>:
    [QUOTE]We both have large families, so I know my shower is going to be a big one (at least from what I've been told), so I'm a little nervous for all that attention, but I really think it'll be a blast. 
    Posted by stephie25[/QUOTE]

<div>I hear you - 70 women were invited to my shower.</div>
    21811_10151174643987291_1046283999_n_zpsddfa358c Anniversary BabyFruit Ticker
  • Yeah, turns out my mom and mother in law insisted on the old school invite all the women (barring the dates of people who I don't know well enough). They invited 115 freaking people! 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    imageVilla
  • That is a HUGE shower...wow!
  • My first one is September 15th in my FI's hometown. Then, the next day I have to go up to Portland with them to meet all of his extended family that lives up there. That's going to be a very exhausting weekend. That shower will be strange since it's all his mom's friends and family, so I won't know anyone. I'm not sure how big it'll be.

My big shower is here in town on Oct. 6 and I have 44 on the invite list right now. I'm pretty sure as big as it is, it'll be a lot of fun. I also have one for work the next weekend. I will be so showered out by then!
    imageNovember Board Siggy - The Venue!
    Photobucket
    The Great Hall at Sunriver Resort, Sunriver, Oregon
    243 Invited image
    172 Can't wait image
    71 Are missing out image

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_november-2012-weddings_so-excited?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:46c2f53c-680c-4532-aa96-4cca92890b59Discussion:3e2d4765-22ba-4077-add3-465b992d6c5fPost:330a569e-a9a5-42d2-b67d-ba0d51b8e746">Re: So excited!</a>:
    [QUOTE]That is a HUGE shower...wow!
    Posted by amymaysa[/QUOTE]

<div>
    </div><div>Yeah. Honestly, I would have prefered something smalle, and tried to tell everyone that (My maid of honor said about 95 were coming) but it seemed to make everyone else happier to invite everyone so I just went along with it. I'm really greatful to everyone who planned something so big for me. </div><div>
    </div><div>Snowdaisy, yours sounds like an exhausting, but fun weekend! At least you will get to meet everyone before the wedding. </div>
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    imageVilla
  • Mine's September 2nd! I'm so excited, theres going to be about 30 people and I've heard through the rumor mill that its Alice and Wonderland themed!! But of course, I know nothing. ;-)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Wow, these are some large showers! I believe 35-40 ppl are invited to mine. It is the only one as far as I know and I'm actually more comfortable with it being this size as opposed to being really big. Mine is in about a month. Hope everyone has fun!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Our shower isn't until three weeks before the wedding, but at least we're getting one ;)
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • We aren't having a shower mainly because all of our family lives in either NY, KY, AZ, or FL and we're in CA and the wedding is in Vegas haha! I hope you have a blast at yours though! :)
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_november-2012-weddings_so-excited?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:46c2f53c-680c-4532-aa96-4cca92890b59Discussion:3e2d4765-22ba-4077-add3-465b992d6c5fPost:15881ce3-f627-4e9e-8933-f6ae696c6faf">Re: So excited!</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: So excited! : I hear you - 70 women were invited to my shower.
    Posted by lls31[/QUOTE]

Same here! I couldn't believe how many names were on the list once my mom and I were finished!

Mine is on Sept. 23. We didn't realize there's a home game happening at noon, so we're inviting the future in-laws who are coming from MS to watch the game at my mom's house before the shower, so they don't get caught in traffic.
    ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
    Visit NewOrleans.Weddings.com

Nov '12 September Siggy - Bridesmaids!
    bridesmaids-2
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I am having my shower toward the end of September.  My fiancee's mom's friend is putting one on for me.  i am kind of disappointed that my bridesmaids or my family is not putting one in my hometown for me. n
  • Mine is in October.  My bm wanted to do it in September but my fmil is helping and can't do it in September because she's heading out to Boston.  I have 50 people on the list so far and my bm wants to know what I want as far as invites, food, etc.  So excited.
    Daisypath Wedding tickers
  • Mine is September 16th! Can't wait!! I think they invited about 75 people, I know its a lot but we didnt want to exclude anyone. My bachelorette is October 13th and wedding November 3rd! Busy couple a months ahead of us girls :)
  • Well, it's official:  My bridal shower is September 22. Invites went out.  Turns out my fmil is going away in October instead.  They rented a hall and the menu is being decided (fi's aunt is cooking).  AND I saw the invite... my bm sent it over for my approval.  It is so cute and I am so excited.  
    Daisypath Wedding tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards