Missouri-Kansas City
Options

bridesmaid dresses

I am in need of someone that can sew some bridesmaid dresses for me, but i cant pay much,at least 4 dresses is what i am needing done.i can buy the material tho.

Re: bridesmaid dresses

• Options
    prideeinpynkprideeinpynk member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Have you thought of looking at Target.com or overstock.com? They both do cheap dresses. I got mine at Target and they are great! Just something to mention if cost is the issue here.

Chrissy & David -- 10/10/10

This is my "OMG-Don't-Drop-Me" face

Planning Bio

• Options
    edited December 2011
    also, you can shop the sales at other department stores.  What is your budget so we can have a better idea for what will work for you.
  • Options
    meme40meme40 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    well the reason i wanted to have them sewed was i have a pattern already its kinda of like the dress off of the titanic, and thats what i wanted for my bridesmaids, they are all different sizes.and it doesnt take much material to make them i just cant read a pattern or have the no how to sew them my self.my budget isnt very much at all it shouldnt cost me no more thn maybe 40.00 a dress to make them for the material that is.and i need 4 of them.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I don't have any suggestions on who could make them for you. But I do have a suggestion if you are open to other dresses. I just sent $39 a dress for my bridesmaid dresses at JCrew.com. They have a bridal department and great sales. The dresses we chose were originally $165 and they come in many, many colors. Just watch for sales and be ready to buy when they have them if you find some you like! Best of luck!
  • Options
    Jen72682Jen72682 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I know JCPenneys online has a bridal section too. You can get some great deals there sometimes too... Best of luck!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    prideeinpynkprideeinpynk member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Not to worry you or anything, but it made me think of this story:

http://www.etiquettehell.com/content/eh_wedding/humor/etitanic.shtml

Cliff Notes: Bride wanted BMs in copies of the dress Rose wore in Titanic. FMIL offered to make them. See pictures in story for disaster. Had to go to the department store the day of the wedding to replace them.

Sorry, it made me giggle. I'm sure yours will be great. :D

Chrissy & David -- 10/10/10

This is my "OMG-Don't-Drop-Me" face

Planning Bio

• Options
    meme40meme40 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    lolz its ok i will check that web site out.. pridee but ty all for ur suggestions i will check all this out.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards