Attire & Accessories Forum

Silicone Inserts: Should I Up a Cup?

Ok ladies, so here's the totally honest deal:  I'm a 36A.  A!!!  My breasts don't even look like a grown woman's breasts, lol.  I am thinking of getting some silicone bra inserts to slip into my wedding day bra (which would mean I'd have to buy the bra a cup size too large) to make it look like I have something up there.  But for the rest of my life, I'll have boobs smaller than the ones in my wedding photos, lol.  Is that a strange concern?  Would you up-a-cup?  DID you up-a-cup?
image imageimage image

My Blog

Anniversary

100/100 books read in 2012
17/100 books read in 2013

Re: Silicone Inserts: Should I Up a Cup?

• If it makes you happy, go for it! It's not that different from wearing a padded bra or bikini. And don't worry about comparing your wedding photo boobs to your real life boobs...you're likely the only one who will notice the discrepancy. People will be fawning over how beautiful you look in your dress, not estimating your cup size (at least not in polite society, lol).
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I have 38 DD breasts.  I wish I could go DOWN a cup!

Books read in 2012: 21/50

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

• I will try to use something to make my bust bigger...  Honestly, I really think I will be the only one to notice. Otherwise, I'll blame it on the dress... : )
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • If you are just going up a little I think it will be fine.  If you tried to look C it might look a little odd lol. 
    Photobucket
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_attire-accessories_silicone-inserts-should-up-cup?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:15Discussion:d34f9dba-fb11-4923-a3ca-ecdc43133369Post:e852a629-e027-46cf-bc40-956bb206347b">Re: Silicone Inserts: Should I Up a Cup?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I have 38 DD breasts.  I wish I could go DOWN a cup!
    Posted by baystateapple[/QUOTE]
    Can I have the extra?  LOLOLOL!
    image imageimage image

My Blog

Anniversary

• I went from an A cup to a D cup with surgery. NOBODY noticed unless I told them. I will be honest and say I always wore padded bras before the surgery. There was also this awesome sticky silicone bra thing that enhances that I got from Wal-Mart for about $25 and I didn't have to wear a bra with them because they were sticky enough to stay in place, lift, and looked great. I wore them with the dress for my sisters wedding before my surgery and LOVED the way I looked that day.You might wanna try them. The one below is the same thing, but is more expensive. I think you can buy them at Davids bridal too, but they are way more expensive.

http://www.wonderfulbreast.com/products/silicone_bra.htm
  • I am going to put them in my dress!!!! I like the way they look and when you look at pics I think you will be happy with them .... My dress looks way better with the extra help lol
  • I had cups sewn into my dress and I wish I hadn't.  In a bunch of the pics, my cups are "running over" when I'm like bending down and stuff. I kind of hate it.  They looked fine when standing straight during all my fittings, but awful in the photos where I am moving around and leaning in different ways.  And I'm a 34A and I just had soft cups sewn in.

My advice, stick with what you've got.  I think I'd rather look like myself than different in photos I plan to hang in our house.  I won't hang these ones in the house (just an album).

My plan now:  we're doing a trash the dress shoot (well portrait session with my DH) in a few weeks and l'm ripping the cups out of hte dress.  Hopefully we'll get a few good photos where i'm not popping out so we can actually get one for our wall.
  • Do you have your dress yet?  I would wait if I were you.  Depending on the shape of the top of your dress you may have to fill it in - so many of them are made for moderately chested women.  But I also wouldn't buy a bra or inserts as of yet since they may show or not fit with the dress properly.  If you have a backless dress you might need a longline bra or to have cups sewn in.

I was thinking about adding cups but then the dress fit just fine, but then I sweated a bit and the dress stretched out A LOT, and then it kind of looked a little empty up top but actually it looks great in the pictures and I never flashed anybody so it's alright in the end :)
  • I do have my dress.  Here's a couple pictures of me in it, if that helps the assessment.

With bolero jacket (I will be wearing one):
    http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b130/racefanof88/Wedding%20dresses/DSCF6717.jpg

Without jacket:
    http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b130/racefanof88/Wedding%20dresses/DSCF6723.jpg
    image imageimage image

My Blog

Anniversary

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards