South Asian Weddings
Options

Honeymoon suggestions?

So we are sorta late in booking our honeymoon, considering our wedding is only 100 days away but I had to wait on my FH to get his schedule for next yr, and he just got his vacation approved YAY!! such a relief now I can actually have a much needed honeymoon. So since we only have 5 days off for honeymoon, we dont want to fly to hawaii (which i would love) or somewhere far..thats going to have to wait till another yr sadly. We are considering carribean islands with a shorter flight (6hrs max), on the knot.com honeymoons tab,there are 30 carribean islands listed..and am so confused and overwhelmed by the choices, so I need your suggesstions ladies. So here is what we both like on a vacation (looking back at what we have done in the past vacations) : we do like to do kayaking, parasailing,sight seeing so definitely want activites to do and I love tropical jungles with exotic plants to see and dancing etc. Open to any suggestions and ideas, please dont suggest places that are far :(

Re: Honeymoon suggestions?

• Options
    edited December 2011
    We got married in Negril-it was gorgeous.  For waht you are looking for-there is also Costa Rica; Turks and Caicos is also lovely. 
    ExerciseMilestone
  • Options
    HinajHinaj member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Sorry I am really unfamiiliar with the carribean, so I am no help.  Have you looked at cruises?  I think it can fit it in to your time, allow you to go to different places, and you can do most of the things you guys like.  Just a thought.  I would suggest going by the honeymoon board to get more suggestions. 
  • Options
    SonaliPopSonaliPop member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I loved the caribbean. I would suggest the Cayman Islands.

If not, try Mexico or Puerto Rico. I have been to Mexico three times and have loved it more and more everywhere I have traveled.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    My favorite is the Bahamas (Paradise Island).  For a honeymoon there I would suggest the adults-only Cove hotel which is part of the Atlantis resort.  However, from what you describe, I would suggest Costa Rica.  My cousin went there for his honeymoon in December and they had a blast doing all the things you described plus zip lining and surfing.  Everyone I know who has been there has LOVED Costa Rica.  If you need suggestions, let me know!  We were thinking about Costa Rica for our honeymoon and so I had gotten all the 411 from my friends and family who had been there.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Agreed - Costa Rica or Belize would be really good bets. A word of warning though - July is the beginning of hurricane season, so going to some of the Southern Carribbean islands might be a better idea (as they rearely get hit). St. Lucia would be a good option.
  • Options
    vindaloovindaloo member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hi!

If you want convenient, try Puerto Rico!  It sounds like you guys are kind of
    There are two islands off the east coast, one called Culebra and one called Vieques, and they're both a little bit of paradise.  Vieques has a bioluminescent bay that's amazing--you kayak out to it at night.  There are lots of gorgeous little hidden beaches and good snorkeling too.  I think there may be some resorts on these islands where you can do stuff like parasailing.  Vieques has a "hotter" nightlife than Culebra, but Culebra has it's share of bars too.
    There's a bio-bay on the main island too, at the port town of Fajardo (that's where you get the ferries to Vieques and Culebra), and that one's even cooler--you kayak through a mangrove to get there.  The bioluminescent creatures glow in the dark whenever the water is disturbed.  In Fajardo there's a tropical rainforest called El Yunque that's a fun hike, with a cool waterfall.  There's a Westin or some other fancy resort in that area, but otherwise the hotels in Fajardo are kinda crappy. 
    You could spend a day and a night in San Juan, too--Old San Juan is a fun daytrip, and there are lots of nice restaurants and clubs there too.
    If you want more info, pm me!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Bhanu&AnujBhanu&Anuj member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    How's St Lucia?   Is Turks and Caicos well developed in terms of their all inclusive resorts?
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Turks & Caicos doesn't have a ton of all-inclusive resorts. As far as I know then only two that I know of is a Beaches resort and a Club Med. There are a few more all-inclusives in St. Lucia (Sandals resorts, etc.). St. Lucia is a much more naturally beautiful island and has a lot more activities that I think are important to you.
  • Options
    edited December 2011

Thank you so much for the feedback ladies, after doing some searching with him this past wkd we are either going to go with anguilla all inclusive sandals resort or st. lucia..depending on the hurricane season for these islands we have yet to decide that.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards