Wedding Cakes & Food Forum

Mints and Nuts?

So at our wedding we are having our wedding cake, sheet cakes, cake balls, and I'm surprising my fiance with a grooms cake. Do we NEED to have mints and nuts at our wedding? I really don't feel like we need to but wasn't sure if that's something that you should have or not
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Mints and Nuts?

• edited December 2011
    Up to you, it's not necessary. I don't think we will.
  • LorieStraussLorieStrauss member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We are going to have personalized mint flavored m&m's and mixed nuts at each of the tables and on the wedding cake table. But as others have said, it is all in what you want. Smile
  • edited December 2011
    I've never even heard of having mints and nuts at a wedding. Maybe it's a regional thing? IDK. Sounds like you have plenty of delicious desserts to snack on without them!
  • edited December 2011
    I was curious too.  Do most weddings in your area have mints and nuts?  I've never been to one with those. 

How interesting. 

And, no, you definitely don't have to. 
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_food-cakes_mints-nuts?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:23Discussion:49336fb7-410c-401b-bb2e-f3ef27939d4cPost:1403f753-0a7b-4e7f-9c80-6a3e9ec094f5">Re: Mints and Nuts?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I've never even heard of having mints and nuts at a wedding. Maybe it's a regional thing? IDK. Sounds like you have plenty of delicious desserts to snack on without them!
    Posted by Ljacks87[/QUOTE]

I agree....since when are mints and nuts required??
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Also, what is a cake ball?? This is the first time I'm hearing about this!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • jess9802jess9802 member
    First Comment First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    I've only seen mints and nuts at cake and punch receptions.
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_food-cakes_mints-nuts?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:23Discussion:49336fb7-410c-401b-bb2e-f3ef27939d4cPost:110f2341-90c2-4fa8-bf5a-1509bc637bcc">Re: Mints and Nuts?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I've only seen mints and nuts at cake and punch receptions.
    Posted by jess9802[/QUOTE]

<div>This.  I wouldn't worry about them.</div>
    imageDaisypath Wedding tickers
  • RKwedding2011RKwedding2011 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I've been wondering if I should have mints and nuts at my wedding also. I was thinking about doing oriental mix instead.  I have always assumed that mints and nuts are served at weddings lol.  I wonder where I got that idea from?  Who knows. I'm from Oregon.  

I think it is fine not to serve them. Do what you want!
    Katie
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards