Florida-South Florida

How far in advance did you book your...??

Hi Ladies!
   Sorry I've been off the boards for the last few months (the move to the Philippines has required some getting used to) :) 

I am about to hit the 6 month away mark (wedding is Nov 5) and realized I need to get moving on some things...can you please give me some advice on how far in advance you did the following? ***I wont be in the 305 again until September so I have to do some things via a Skype call but I know I need to book some now no matter what***

How far in advance did you order invites (S the D's went out already)?
How far in advance did you book your:
     - Florist
     - Officient (non religious ceremony)
     - DJ

Thank you in advance for any help girls!! 
xx from Asia,
Heather
imageBabyFetus Ticker

Re: How far in advance did you book your...??

• Krysta6Krysta6 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm starting my invite search now. And I've booked everything else on the list already and I'm about to hit 6 months
  • edited December 2011
    I booked my DJ, hunting for a videographer, officiant and florist-hoping to have it done by the end of July :-)
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • edited December 2011
    As soon as possible.
    I booked my florist 10 months in advance(6 months if normal)
    I am now working on my invites(I'm about 5 months out)
    DJ - ASAP
    Officiant - 4 months or so
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    I booked most through my planner which held the vendors for my date. We booked about 11 months out.
    invites I ordered last month from an etsy seller and they will prob get to me by the end of June. So I would try to get bookings done ASAP.
  • edited December 2011
    I booked the DJ one year out and the florist 10 months out - Im also doing things earlish because I am moving to NY in July :)  Hoping to choose an officiant this weekend. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    I booked the DJ about a year in advance.  I'm working on florists and officiant now, hope to book these in the next few weeks!  Good luck!
  • edited December 2011
    I ordered my invites in Jan for my April 10th (2010) wedding and the world did not come to an end!  Don't stress!  Good luck!
  • LindsA90410LindsA90410 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    The sooner the better. I just bought my invitations (we are printing them ourselves) and I am almost 5 months out. I booked my florist right away because it is a family friend that works with my mom. The DJ had been decided since before I was engaged. Our neighbor is a DJ and we were already set on using him! :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • ucfandreaucfandrea member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I booked everything as far in advance as possible - to ensure my date was available.  Of course, I am only having an 8 month engagement - so nothing was booked farther out that that :)
  • Squeaky00Squeaky00 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I would book ASAP because 11/5/11 is a popular date.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards