Virginia

MC/DJ Recs in Charlottesville

My fiance is really into music and already has our wedding playlist. So we're trying to find a DJ or MC who is great at keeping the event going, but isn't necessarily responsible for picking the music to play. Does anyone have any recommendations on someone who can do this and isn't terribly expensive?

Re: MC/DJ Recs in Charlottesville

• Avion22Avion22 member
    5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We're using Rick Haggard -- he used to be (and maybe still is, I haven't lived in Cville in over a decade) a local radio DJ who also does private events.  He lets the couple get as involved as they want to be in the music selection, and even has a tool on his website to let the couple select songs.  I think he'd be willing to work with you on song selection.

One thing to keep in mind is that a good DJ can read your crowd and play more music that will keep them dancing.  Obviously you want certain music to be played, but I would still leave the timing of those songs up to a professional DJ (except for key songs, like first dance, cake cutting, etc).  
    DSC_9275
  • Cocobean77Cocobean77 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am using DJ Derek Tobler. I had read so many great reviews on him, and even called a few of the brides who used him! They said he was great at reading the crowd and keeping guests on the dance floor. He can also help with time lines and has even taught dance lessons to a couple. I am excited and am glad he will be apart of our day. Let me know if you have any questions.. Many reviews are available for him on wedding wire. Good Luck :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • CvilleClaireCvilleClaire member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Derek Tobler is the gold standard around here.  We're using him, too. We are music FREAKS.  Our must play and do not play lists will be quite long!

Book early...his schedule fills up quickly.

There's some young guy...DJ Payne maybe?  Who might be cheaper.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards