Georgia-Atlanta
Options

Planning Our Budget Wedding - Help!

Hello, ladies!

Although my boyfriend has not proposed yet, we're having frequent, serious discussions about planning a very small, budget-friendly wedding for late 2013.  I have a few ideas, but bringing them to fruition is the problem.  Perhaps some of you can help?  Please?

I've set a budget of a maximum of $5,000.  I want to aim to come under that.  Way under.

We have decided that we only want our inner circle of family and friends there, thus, keeping the cost down.  As of right now, our guest list is at a grand total of 17 people. 

After researching ways to keep wedding costs down, I have settled on having our wedding in the off season, on an off day, at an off time.  I really like the idea of having a Sunday brunch wedding.  I'm also okay with a limited bar (beer, wine, two signature cocktails) and hors d'oeuvers instead of a sit-down meal. 

I would really like a venue that can do "double duty" - serving as both my ceremony and reception site.  I was thinking of, perhaps, a restaurant with a large, private room in the back or a hotel in Atlanta. 

We live in Paulding County and a lot of the venues around here are full service and thousands of dollars.  We just don't have the guest list or money to justify using these places.  I would really like to get married in Atlanta because we both love the city, but I understand that any venue can be incredibly expensive once you hit the city limits.  We are willing to consider any and all venues that meet our criteria in the metro Atlanta area.

Overall, we would really like to have a intimate wedding surrounded by those who are closest to us without breaking the bank.  We would rather put the majority of our money towards the honeymoon and updating our new home (the honey-do list is about a mile long!). 

I don't want to slop together a wedding and call it a day, either.  I want a classy, tastefully done wedding that can be memorable for not only us, but our friends and family, too. 

If anyone can help steer me in the right direction, it would be much appreciated!  Smile

Re: Planning Our Budget Wedding - Help!

• Options
    All the venues I looked at in the Atlanta area charged 1500-2000 even on a Sunday and rates weren't different for "off season". Although they were also much larger than you'd need for just 17 people. Have you thought about doing a courthouse wedding/elopment and then just a nice dinner at a restaurant? That may be the least stressful option. 

Good luck!
  • Options
    http://www.intimateweddings.com/venu_finder.php?mode=veneu_search&country_id=3&state_id=13&city_id=715&venue_type_id=5

Honestly, if you are having a Sunday Brunch wedding then you wouldn't need a bar at all. Maybe just serve mimosas if you MUST have alcohol. 

With that many people and that budget (although I know you said you want to come under that) you could easily have a beautiful, low key wedding.

I'm generally against weddings on a weekday, however in your case it would work. You could easily have a weeknight wedding with your intimate circle of friends/family. You find a restaraunt you really like that has an area (indoors or out) for you to be married in an inimate ceremony. Then you have a lovely dinner with your guests and everyone goes home at a reasonable hour. 

What is your favorite restaraunt? Any fancy restaraunts you never get to go to that you really want? Check into that. Even if you have to travel a short distance from a nearby park or church it wouldn't be too difficult or even that expensive. 
  • Options
    Hey!! I am around your area. I am having my ceremony and reception at Rolater Park in Cave Springs which is part of the historical society. There is an old brick church that is $300 or The Academy which is a two-story white building that you can rent for different costs: entire building for 3 days is $1,000. We are going to rent the church for the ceremony for 4 hours: $200, and the The Academy second floor for the reception for 8 hours:$400. Grand total: $600. Here is the website: http://www.cavespringhistoricalsociety.com/#!
    Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Wedding tickers
  • Options
    edited December 2012

@vgarlin- those are some great prices? What are your plans for food/beverages? Have you found a vendor yet? I know that's where most of the money is spent and I'm trying to stay within a budget as well.

• Options
    I'm using Dannella from Oakwood Occasions and she is VERY reasonable with excellent food and does an excellent job of working within a budget and finding ways to give you exactly what you want. She is not only an excellent caterer but does a great job with event planning, finding locations, etc. Here is her website: http://www.oakwoodoccasions.com/

Definitely worth a call just to see how she compares. Good luck with the planning.
  • Options
    King Tux Rentals is just off Barrett Parkway. They offer a free tux rental for the groom, so that should help out a bit.  They are really easy to work with!
  • Options
    Hi, my name is Jessica. I own a Vintage rental company. If you are interested in dressing up your wedding under a budget I can help! I offer china plates, dessert/snack stands and cupcake stands. It would be beautiful for a brunch wedding. I'm at simplyvintageyou.blogspot.com. I'll be adding more images this weekend as well. Hope to talk to you soon,
  • Options
    Good afternoon my fellow bride and congrats,

I am actually a makeup artist based out of Atlanta I'd be glad to do a consult with you and further discuss what look your going for as I know these wedding details can become very expensive. I'd love to be your artist for your special day!! you can email me anytime @ colargee.artistry@gmail.com or call directly to 7707336693
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards